Reading Time: 11 minutes
A pimple is a tiny or large bump on the skin. It begins before 2 to 3 weeks before it is visible on the skin surface. It may form in your pores and sebaceous hair follicles.
The sebaceous glands produce sebum in every follicle to keep your skin moisturized. Skin naturally renew itself and old skin cells die and drop. Usually, these dead cells drop gradually to create space for fresh cells.
But if these dead cells shed roughly will cause to occur like a bump with the natural oil of skin.
When a comedo or plug get trap with bacteria and oil in the follicle, it causes to appear like swelling on the skin surface. The body generates more white blood cells to fight bacteria in skin cells. The collection of white blood cells leads to a pimple formation.
The causes of pimples are different from one another and you cannot control them without proper prevention. Know the causes of a pimple which can help to find effective ways to deal with a pimple.
Here are the causes of pimple occurrence.
Hormonal change can cause a pimple on the face. The occurrence of a hormonal pimple sometimes seems senseless due to their moods and patterns.
A hormonal pimple usually appears on the jawlines and chin in women.
It happens surprisingly, for example, a night you have clear skin, and you see many pimples next morning on the face. It can appear large or tiny, but it gives you huge disappointment.
Mainly a lifestyle change can induce hormonal disorder which shows mentally and physically signs such as mood swings, fatigue, cravings, and pimple also.
In some cases, pimple occurs in large groups which can be more painful than anything. Those severe cases need to treated by a specialist. It will require external care with right product or remedy and internal care by doing meditation and eating right.
In most cases, a pimple occurs during puberty when your body starts to produce androgens. These hormones enlarge the sebaceous glands which make it overstimulated and cause pimples. The androgen hormones also cause pimple occurrence during menstruation.
Access sebum production also causes pimples. Androgens excite the sebaceous gland which increases the sebum (natural skin oil) production.
As sebum come out of follicle toward the skin surface, it gets combined with bacteria and dead skin which has accumulated on the follicle lining.
The extra sebum production in follicle causes to increase the chance of pimples.
Dead skin cells in the follicle normally shed and ejected from the skin surface. Some people have overactive sebaceous glands (including puberty) which cause to build the cells in a rapid way.
If sebaceous gland produces more sebum and mixes with dead skin, then it causes to build connection inside the follicle. It prevents skin to complete the natural process for restoration.
There are different types of skins, and they contain different bacteria which is a part of natural sebum managing system. As your skins follicle begin to plug, the bacteria in your skin start to multiply rapidly and respond to a chemical reaction which leads to infection in the follicle and its surrounding skin.
Whenever unwanted bacteria come in contact with your body, it produces more white blood cells to fight with germs which describe as an inflammatory response or chemotaxis. This response to chemical causes a pimple to become swollen, red and painful. Every individual gets a different response for inflammation.
You can treat your pimples in several ways. You can take advice from your parents or elder. There are many home remedies to prevent pimples. If your pimple turns in to a serious condition and you are getting constant pimples, then consult a dermatologist for better treatment. You should only take any medications and creams only after the recommendation of a doctor. The medical treatment for a pimple may take around six to eight weeks for treatment to show the result. If your pimple doesn’t change after ten weeks, then talk to your doctor.
You may get the following medicines for pimple treatment.
Benzoyl peroxide is a general medicine to treat the pimples which available in the form of gels, cleansers, lotions, washes, and creams. This cream helps to remove the bacteria, excess oils and dead cells from your skin. Be cautious while using this medicine and apply it only on your skin as it may take your hair and cloth color.
Salicylic acid helps to unplug the skin pores.
When you are using medical treatment for pimples, follow the instructions properly.
- Avoid using medicines or creams more than given directions.
- Use as directed (Time).
- Don’t do it over as it may dry your skin and cause redness.
- Skip picking or popping your skin which can make your pimple worse and leads to a scar.
- Keep using your treatment as your doctor recommended. You should discuss before stopping the product because a pimple might come back.
Home remedies for preventing pimples
There are many different home remedies available to prevent a pimple easily.
Apple cider vinegar
Try using apple cider vinegar to get rid of a pimple. Apple vinegar contains antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- You can use it once or twice in a day on the pimple affected part and leave it. Let it get absorbed on the affected skin.
- You can also dilute one teaspoon of vinegar with 1/4-1/2 cup of water before applying on the pimples.
- Make sure to get 100% organic raw apple vinegar for better results.
Oatmeal is the excellent home remedy for eliminating pimples. It helps to absorb the excess oil and calm your skin.
- Make an oatmeal mask by boiling one tablespoon of oatmeal with water.
- Mix 2-tablespoons of honey in the hot oatmeal and let it get cool down to the room temperature and then apply it on your skin.
- Wait till the mask get dry for 15 to 20 minutes and wash your face by warm water.
- The oatmeal mask benefits to decrease your skin redness and inflammation caused by pimples.
Honey and mustard powder
Mix honey with mustard seed powder and apply it on the affected skin by pimples.
- Let the honey-mustard seed mixture get dry on the skin and wash after 15 minutes.
- The honey and mustard mask is helpful for removing a pimple, and glowing skin as mustard has natural salicylic acid, zinc, omega-3-6 fatty acids, and vitamins.
Turmeric is an ancient popular home remedy for a skin problem. You can take turmeric roots and make a paste. Then mix it with honey.
The quantity of turmeric and honey depend on the part of the skin you applying.
- Boil three tablespoons of turmeric powder in 3 cup of water. Boil it until it becomes thick and applies it on cystic acne.
- After applying the turmeric paste, cover your pimple affected part with cheesecloth and let it get dry and then wash it with water.
As turmeric contains antiseptic qualities, it works excellently to eliminate the pimples.
Still, it may vary skin to skin. Some skin types may not get effective results. In that case, if you are not getting a good result from turmeric than try another remedy.
Olive oil is one of the home remedies for treating the pimple. It contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities which effectively work to remove the pimples and other skin problems. Olive oil has a natural organic synthesis which describes as squalene. It helps to moisturize drying skin.
- Choose extra virgin olive oil and warm two teaspoons.
- Massage the warm olive oil in a circular motion for five minutes before you go to bed and leave the oil on face overnight.
- When you are sleeping, the olive oil work to reduce inflammation and marks of pimples.
Saltwater is the best solution for treating pimples. It is a truth that no treatment can promise for all skin types, still saltwater has shown proven benefits to treat the breakout and keep your skin fresh and balances.
- Add one teaspoon salt in 3 teaspoons of warm water and let the solution dissolve and become lukewarm.
- Dip a cotton ball in the salt solution and dab on the pimple.
- Avoid leaving the salt solution for more than 10 minutes because it will cause dryness.
- Clean your face or affected skin with cool water.
People with dry skin should avoid using salt water treatment for eliminating pimples.
For oily and normal skin this mild microbial quality in salt water eliminate the pimples.
Rice water is a home remedy for treating pimples. It contains plenty of vitamins and mineral which work excellent for skin and hair. Rice water is a traditional home remedy in Japan, China, and southeast Asian countries.
- Boil half cup of rice in two cups of water until rice gets cooked.
- Strain the boiled rice water and keep it to cool down.
- Take a cotton ball, soak and apply on pimple affected part.
- Keep the applied rice water on your face for 10 to 15 minutes and wash it.
The minerals and antioxidant qualities of rice water help to diminish the pigmentation and pimple scars.
Neem is a miraculous herb for all type of skin problems. It also describes as wonder leaf due to its several medicinal uses in Ayurveda. It has a scientific name as Azadirachta Indica. In India neem uses in different forms such as neem honey, neem water, neem oil, and soap. Most common neem uses a paste of neem leaves for better skin results.
- Take one teaspoon dried neem powder and mix with Fuller earth and few drops of rose water.
- Make a thick paste of neem and apply on pimples and let it get dry.
- Then wash it off.
- Neem contains antibacterial and antifungal qualities which help to purify the blood and calm the skin inflammation which prevents pimples.
Milk and honey
Honey provides a lot of skin benefits such as clear skin, weight loss, and natural sweetener. The honey benefits increase when you mix it with milk. It will help you get healthy and smooth skin.
You need open pore to apply this honey and milk mask, so wash your face with warm water.
- Take half tablespoon whole milk and one tablespoon honey and mix it.
- Apply this mixture with a cotton ball.
- Massage the honey and milk mixture in circular motions and leave it on the face for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash your face with water after drying the milk and honey mask.
- The milk in this remedy helps to remove the bacteria and provide a natural glow.
- Keep doing this remedy till you see the result of removing pimples.
Avoid using milk on the face if you have an allergy to dairy products.
Another home remedy for removing pimples is ice cubes. Ice helps to calm the skin inflammation.
- Take a few ice cubes and wrap it in a cloth.
- Gently rub it on the pimple affected skin part to decrease the inflammation.
- It will also help to eliminate the bacteria and seal the pore.
- You can also get the equivalent result by washing your face with cold water.
Mint is an herb which uses for medicinal purpose and also in food. It contains cooling and anti-bacterial qualities which come from the menthol oil available in the mint leaves.
- Mint is an excellent herb to eliminate the clogged pore oil and prevent pimple formation.
- Take two tablespoons chopped mint leaves with honey and oatmeal powder.
- Apply this mixture on pimple affect skin part and keep it for 10 minutes and wash it with cold water.
Garlic is often considered as a magical ingredient to fuel the life in a powerful way. It is used from ancient time to treat the pimple problems. Its antibacterial properties help to strengthen the immune system and regulate hormone which prevents excess sebum production and stop pimple formation.
Take few fresh garlic cloves and cut in thin slices and rub it on pimple affected skin part.
Let the garlic oil get absorb in the skin and keep it for 15 to 30 minutes then wash it off.
You can apply banana peel as a home remedy for healing pimples. Banana peels include different antioxidants such as lutein which limit sun skin damage. The banana peel also comprises esterified fatty acids which help to cure psoriasis and eczema.
Take a banana peel and gently massage the inner layer on pimple affected part for 5 to 10 minutes and keep it for few minutes then clean it with cold water.
Egg white provide the best benefits for removing pimples. It helps to remove the skin impurities and reduce the pore size.
- Extract the egg whites from the egg and apply it directly on affected skin part.
- Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and wash it off.
Green tea and brown sugar
Green tea includes antioxidant and astringent. It helps your skin for raising pimple.
- Make a thick paste of 1 tablespoon green tea, 1 tablespoon raw honey, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 3 teaspoons brown sugar.
- Use this mixture on the pimples and lightly massage your skin surface for two minutes on a round motion.
- Wash after some time with warm water.
Gram flour and curd mask
You can use gram flour with curd to treat the pimples. Gram flour such as besan is a best-known home remedy for skin treatment.
- Mix two tablespoon besan and one teaspoon curd.
- Also, add a pinch of turmeric and two drops of lemon.
- Make a thick paste of these ingredients and apply on face.
- Let it get dry completely and apply some warm water with cotton and gently rub the skin.
- Remove the complete gram flour mask and wash your skin by cold water. It helps to remove the dead skin.
Everyone knows that orange is good for health but the orange zest or peel contain beauty benefits. It is helpful to prevent blemish, blackheads, and pimples.
Orange peel remedy helps to remove the clogged bacteria in the pore of face skin. Applying peel paste is the best way to reduce the pimples. It contains anti-microbial and anti-bacterial qualities which stop bacterial growth and promote healthy cells.
- Make a paste of orange peel with mortar.
- Gently rub the paste on your face for 10 to 20 seconds on pimple affected part. Wait for some time and wash it off by water.
Cinnamon and honey
Cinnamon and honey is another home remedy for treating the pimple.
- Take one teaspoon cinnamon powder and honey. The content of antimicrobial qualities in cinnamon helps to remove the pimples.
- Mix it together and make a paste.
- Apply the cinnamon and honey paste on your pimples and leave it the entire night and wash it next morning.
Coconut water is the healthiest drink for normal and sick people. It contains almost every vitamin and mineral. You can apply coconut water on pimples and keep it overnight. Then wash your face the next morning. It will heal the inflammation and reduce the pimple marks.
Tomatoes are one of the best fruits which considered helpful for treating skin. It contains molecules which fight against free radicals and promote healthy cells by its antioxidant qualities. Gradually it will limit the pimple occurrence.
- Make a juice of one tomato pulp and apply it on the face.
- Let it get dry and then wash it with cold water.
Try the above mentioned home remedies for managing your frequent pimple problems. If you are getting an allergy to any ingredient, then you can change the remedy ingredients because every person has a distinct type of skin. You can also try a sample by applying on your hand to check if the remedy can work for you or not. If you sense a burning sensation, then you can avoid the same. Each of the above remedies is quite natural and provide best advantages for getting relieving of pimples.
You may get frequent, red pimples in groups. If your home remedy doesn’t seem working, then take doctor’s help to clear the problem from roots.
Also, maintain a stress-free lifestyle to keep your hormone levels balance and pimples away.