Reading Time: 4 minutes
Every one today has become health conscious. Although mouth watering sight of burgers, pizzas, fried chicken chips and other processed foods have made it difficult to resist their temptation, high risks of obesity, cardiovascular diseases and overweight associated with them have encouraged people to switch to healthy eating habits which can not only help them lose weight but also maintain their heart and body health. If you are looking forward to lose some of those extra pounds off your belly in an effective way, switch to low calorie, healthy eating rather than keeping yourself hungry, which will make you weak and deprived of nourishment. There are certain low calorie foods will help you quench your body’s daily calorie requirement and make your slim, health and attractive.
It is not necessary that low calorie food has to be boring and boiled all the time but if you take a look around the stores and grocery shops you will find several colorful, tasty and healthy foods which are low in calorie content and rich in nutrients. So let’s find out which foods can help you lose weight.
List Of Low Calorie Foods that Can Help You Lose Weight
- Oatmeal is one of the best low calorie foods you can have which is easy to digest and rich in fiber, carbohydrate and other nutrients. Grab a bowl of oatmeal with milk or raisin every morning or evening and lose weight.
- Whole wheat bread is another low calorie breakfast you can enjoy with sliced cucumber or low cal butter or a salmon to suit your taste. You may also take other whole grain products such as pastas and add them to your weight loss diet. These are good source of fiber, carbohydrates and other nutrients which are essential for one’s body.
- Add curry leaves, chilies, cardamom and garlic to your food which are rich in nutrients and antioxidants and help in weight lose.
- You might have had a glass of buttermilk before but if you have not, then try it out. It is very refreshing, tasty and low in calorie and fat content. One normal glass of buttermilk contains just 99 calories, enough to meet your one time requirement.
- Vegetables like broccoli, carrots, spinach etc. are also good low calorie foods to enjoy. You may also couple a bowl of pulse with these vegetables and melt away your stubborn fat.
- Green tea: If you are actually wishing to lose weight, drink a cup or two of green tea daily. It boosts your metabolism, shields the body with its antioxidants and helps in losing weight.
- If you take one cup of one or two percent cottage cheese in your meal, then you are consuming less than 150 calories at a time which is also high in proteins. You may sprinkle some black pepper over eat or blend it in your salad and enjoy.
- Skimmed milk and low fat yoghurt are good source of calcium and other nutrients which we get from normal dairy products but they are low in calories and fat content. Because of this they help in cutting down weight and you can have a toned figure.
- Quinoa is a great weight loss food which is loaded with high protein content and sufficient carbohydrates for provide necessary energy to the body and cut down fat.
- Pulses and cereals: Rich in vital nutrients like vitamins and minerals, these are one of the best foods which are very low in fat content and calories. They not only help in losing weight, but also boost one’s metabolism, lower down bad cholesterol levels and aids healthy digestion.
Low Calorie Fruits
Eating Low-Calorie Snacks
Snacks are also an important part of one’s daily diet which can help you quell a growling tummy and satisfy your mid-meal craving. If you skip your snack than you pile up your hunger and you may land up eating something you would regret later. Snacks do not mean chips, junk, cookies or processed foods but can be low-calorie, nutritious, delicious and easy to make munchies. So here are a few you should try.
- Grab a bowl of tossed salad comprising of leafy vegetables like lettuce, celery and blenched spinach along with onions, radish, tomatoes and pepper over the top. You may add a low calorie dressing and approximately 40 calorie snack is ready for you which will surely help you lose weight. You may top your salad with low calorie dressing including olive oil or balsamic vinegar which will not only enhance it taste but will also boost in weight lose.
- If you don’t like vegetables, then make a fruit salad with fresh and seasonal fruits including oranges, apples etc. (few berries like blueberry etc.) which will not only satisfy your sweet tooth for low calories but will cut down your extra fat too.
- Say no to chips and cookies and switch to raisin bread as your healthy snack. You can toast it a bit or enjoy straight away from the oven, in just 600 calories you will have a stomach filling snack.
- Popcorns are good source of fiber and can serve as a great snack, only if they are not buttered but air popped. If you take one cup of air popped popcorns, you consume only 50 calories which is very less as compared to 150 calories of butter popcorn. So enjoy it which you lose weight.
- Peanut and peanut butter can also be a great snack combo to enjoy with whole wheat bread or rice or grain bar.
- Rice cakes are good choice of a healthy snack which is very low in calorie, besides being tasty and nutritious. One 4 gm rice cake is packed with only 16 calories! Sounds great isn’t it?
- Smoked salmon, hard-boiled egg, and beef jerky are healthy, low calorie non vegetarian snacks which are very high in protein. Since protein is very important for a weight lose diet, these low calorie snacks can fulfill your protein requirements.