Labiaplasty most commonly known in the cosmetic slang as the designer vagina together with all other treatments involving the female genitalia, is a common procedure all over the world and one of the fastest growing cosmetic surgeries performed in UK. The procedure most often is commonly done for cosmetic purposes but it has been dubbed as a help in correcting a functional problem once asked to be done by a patient. Most women, often wanted the surgery because their labia is much exposed today due to waxing, plucking and all other aesthetic way of beautifying the genital of a woman. Labiaplasty is done to address the problem of an inner labia that protrudes more than the outer labia.
How is the Labiaplasty Procedure Done?
Excess tissues are being removed from the labia through surgery. It may take one to two hours max. Your doctor may opt for a technique such as a scalpel or a laser to do the surgery. After the tissues are removed, the incisions or the scar are hiding in the folds of the labia and may be unnoticed. After 3 to 4 days you can go back to your work right away.
What are the Most Common Reasons Why Labiaplasty is Performed
So it isn’t for a whim alone, Labiaplasty can be a part of a medication and a way to address a woman’s concerns with her body. Most common reasons why it is done are:
- Oddly shaped labia. The reason for this is due to onset of old age, reshaping due to pregnancy and due to some other reasons.
- Pain during intercourse. This is due to a consequence of having large labia. A Labiaplasty can remedy it.
- Pain from wearing tight fitting clothing. Yes, another cause of pain is due to tight fitting clothes. This limits some women in having to wear some clothes that they wanted. Tight clothing may cause the labia folds to rub thus the pain is incurred.
- Decrease discomfort during physical activities such as biking and exercising.
How Can a Woman Become a Candidate for it?
First you have to be healthy. Being in good health will help avoid complications later. You shouldn’t have some medical problems that might hinder the success of the procedure. A good and stabilized blood pressure plus a good clotting time is needed as well.
What Are other Things to Remember
- Remember that labia size doesn’t affect your childbirth. If you haven’t had any children, then the surgery is still okay for you. Just make sure that you consulted a good doctor for the procedure first.
- You can have other procedure to complement the surgery. These may include vaginaplasty to tighten the muscles in the vagina. They come together because they are termed as vaginal rejuvenation.
- Wear loose clothing after the operation. This will help in not disturbing the incisions and causing some complication later. Track pants, boxer shorts, dresses are recommended. Thongs and g strings are still a no no.
- Do not yet engage in any sexual activity. This might pose risks for the operation for up to eight weeks.
- Wash the operated area for twice a day. This will keep it clean and keep it moisturized as well.
- Do not wear tampons yet for 6 to 8 weeks max.
- Pain may be experienced but later some time it will be gone once everything down there heals nicely.
- If asymmetry occurs, tell doctor right away.
How does it Cost?
It costs a bit pricey but then it will be worth it. A good doctor or clinic may charge you with $4000 and $6000 (AUD) for the procedure al personnel and other medical processes included. It will be higher if there will be additional procedure together with the Labiaplasty.
Some Negative Review on the Procedure Some things such as botched up procedure has happened in certain cases. But then if you take extra cautious steps you can avoid it. Some would even equate the procedure of genital vanity and sometimes to mutilation. But then it is s choice that is done in good faith, and it’s your body. The procedure offers a choice; it’s up to you on where to stand. But then some of the idea that the idea of a good looking genital is due to the society’s pressure on vanity as well as in the standard set of celebrities and magazines as well.
Benefits of the Labiaplasty to a Woman
- Better quality life due to worry and stress free thinking.
- Reduce risk of labia inflammation.
- Reduce risk of labia infection and pain.
- Increase level of comfort.
- Self esteem and confidence is improved.
- Embarrassment is also done away with.
Of course the procedure is a complicated job that needs thorough thinking as well as thorough planning. In order to make it successful you can follow the following suggestions in taking the procedure to a stand:
- Choose a reputable clinic and doctor. They should know what they are doing. Read between the lines, they so should be trained with the procedure. You don’t need a botched up job for the part in there, it’s too much to risk.
- Prepare self mentally emotionally, physically and financially. A lot right? But then you can’t go under the needle and the knife without being prepared.
- Arrange schedule already. You know that you have to get some rest after and you should avoid complications. Skip work after for few days. Have a leave. Avoid heavy works first.
- Follow all the post op care procedures. Once some discomfort occur, call o r visit doctor right away.
So there you go, Labiaplasty in a capsule. If you are considering the procedure make sure you do some more reading. Meaning your research shouldn’t stop from this article only. Have more books or articles in hand. Be an informed patient. So it’s you choice all along, never let other people interfere. Just, as I have said, choose you battle wisely, choose your doctor wisely.
Author: Roselen always think of her goal when blogging, and it has become a mantra. Her goal is to provide useful content to fellow women with interested in different cosmetic procedures. Go for an in-depth reading about Labiaplasty here.