The human skin is basically considered not just of a layer of protection, but it also has a highly sensitive sensory instrument and so this instrument can actually be afflicted with many sensations that can ultimately cause discomfort to the individual as a matter of fact. Itching is also considered as one of the most uncomfortable sensation, and this one actually is considered second to pain. The itching can also vary in intensity and in duration and so it can be a mild itch of few minutes and can continue to be a severe itch which can also last for weeks.
What are the main causes of itchy legs?
There are various causes which are responsible for causing this problem and so we will be discussing a few of them below in the paragraph –
- – Poor Hygiene is the main cause of this problem, as the dried sweat is actually broken down by the skin bacteria and this may result in the irritation of the nerve endings in the skin and so it ultimately causes itching, not only this the heat and the irritation which is ultimately caused by the trousers basically aggravates itch as a matter of fact.
- – The dry skin also causes this problem of the genetic predisposition because of genetic predisposition, frequent showering, dehydration, old age and also because of the lack of the essential fatty acids.
What is the treatment for itchy legs?
Basically the method which is to be adopted in order to cure the itchy red bumps on the legs of the individuals mainly depends on the cause. The first and the most common way to treat this problem is by first making all the possible attempts to actually remove all the allergies. The doctors will give you an advice so that you can then actually examine your choice of soap and so this will also help in determining if the individual has been exposed by the poison ivy as such. This particular type of response can also be very easily treated successfully with the help of anti histamine drugs like for example Benadryl. All these will definitely help the patient to attain a comfortable position as this will definitely cut down the allergy response and so as a result it will help in the decrease of itchiness to a great extent. Some of the tropical creams are also very useful in this condition as these creams have shown some positive response from the people who have used them.
But in case, if this problem of itchiness is caused by a virus, then in this condition there may not be any treatment available as a matter of fact. Like for example chicken pox, it cannot be cured with any medicines, because it will complete its course, no medicine or the treatment will be helpful in such a condition.
Also if it is found that the problem of itchiness in the individual is caused by vasculitis, then in such a situation the individual will have to decipher the underlying cause. And as per the results of the research ,this is mainly caused by out of control diabetes .If a person does not have diabetes, then in such a condition, as per the suggestion of the doctor one should definitely be examined for it in order to reduce any risk as a matter of fact. But in case the patient is diagnosed by the problem of diabetes, then the patient should actually try very hard to control the level of blood sugar. Vasculitis is actually a sign which represents that the blood sugar level of an individual is out of control and so an immediate medical intervention is thus needed in order to avoid any type of complications from occurring.
The red itchy bumps which are mainly caused by the bugs also tend to complete their course, but one thing which an individual can make sure is basically to remove oneself from infestation. It is always suggested that one should in fact use soothing and the other anti itch creams on the legs in order to soothen the itchiness.
Also if the individual is suffering from the problem of either eczema or psoriasis, then in such a situation the patient definitely requires medical intervention in order to control this situation from getting bad. Eczema no doubt is a problem which can actually be healed by itself and so this problem is mainly associated with the environmental factors. But the treatment of the problem of psoriasis is definitely not that simple and it can also result in the plaques or even sometimes it can lead to crusty lesions. An individual might also require an immunosuppressant drug so that the autoimmune attack on the skin is thus treated successfully without causing much problem to the individual. You should but definitely make an appointment with the doctor because the doctor will then ultimately perform certain tests on the skin of the patient and accordingly prescribe certain medicines in order to give relief to the patient as soon as possible.
How can the problem of Itchy legs be prevented?
There are many ways to prevent the problem of itchy legs like for example:
- -One should try and drink lot of fluid
- -If possible the individuals should always try and avoid themselves from getting exposed to either wind or sun directly.
- -You should also apply moisturizing cream ,immediately after the shower.
- -The anti itch creams also proves to be very beneficial in this situation.
- -One should avoid running in hot weather in order to prevent oneself from the problem of itchy legs
- -You should stop running immediately after you get a sensation of itching as this will actually not aggravate the problem.
- – You should also try and not starch the affected area because starching might actually worsen the condition and aggravate the problem.
- -Also antihistamine by mouth which is preferred to be done at least 30 minutes prior to shower or even doing exercise in this case will actually prevent the problem of itching to a certain extend.