Have you ever encountered a hot tub rash but do not understand how it came to be and what to do about it? Then this is the article for you. We will try to explain to you what a hot tub rash is and how you can treat it properly without any complications.
What is a hot tub rash?
- In layman’s terms it is a type of skin disease that forms because of foreign bacteria that cause infection when it comes in contact with the dermis.
- It can be caused by one specific bacteria called the Psuedomonas aeruginosa. A germ that is common in any environment specifically in water and soil. Another characteristic would be that it is microscopic and cannot be seen by the naked eye.
How can this be acquired?
- You can get this rash when contaminated water would come in contact with your skin for longer periods of time. It will appear within a few days after you stay in a poorly maintained tub.
- Fortunately, most of these types of rashes can clear up after a few days without medical treatment necessary. However, if you do experience this rash for much longer than a few days, it would be best to contact your health care provider for medical expertise and help.
Protecting yourself against this condition
There are few things that you can do to help protect yourself against this infection. If you are a swimmer here are some of the most helpful tips that you can have.
- First, you had to remove your swimsuit right away after you get out of the pool and make sure that you clean yourself with soap and water immediately.
- It would be as important to clean your swimsuit as well after you get out of the water. In this way, you can make sure that the bacteria in the swimsuit will not reach your skin as much as possible.
- In addition to this, you can also ask your pool or hot tub operator about the maintenance that they practice for the pool. It is very important that you do this because you would know how to protect yourself if you know the components of the water that you immerse yourself in.
- You can also use pool strips to make sure that the pool has the right amount of disinfectant in it. This way, you will be able to feel safe when you use the pool.
Remember that is very important for you to keep cleanliness at all times so that you would not experience any kind of bacterial infections whether it be on your skin or in other parts of your body. Making sure that you use the right kind of pool whenever you swim will be the most effective way for you to protect yourself against skin infections and bacteria that may infect your dermal layers in the future.
These are just some of the most effective tips that you can have in terms of keeping yourself safe from hot tub rashes in the future.