Dry skin is a type of skin condition that occurred by different factors such as weather, malnutrition, health problem, improper skin care, and skin products. Doing home remedies and gentle treatments help to prevent dry skin condition. In most cases, people cure dry skin from OTC treatments and home remedies.
What Causes Dry Skin
Table of Contents
An individual can moisturize skin everyday treat dry skin on the face. The skin normally creates an oil called sebum. When the skin delivers a lot of oil, this can prompt pimples. In any case, having some sebum on the skin is significant for keeping it hydrated and preserving the cells from disease.
Skin, which creates or provides enough sebum, can cause dryness. Dry skin can be itchy and flaky. It may also have red patches and bumpy skin. Dehydration may lack the water in the skin and make it appear rough and dull.
Other causes include:
- Dry Air
- Cold Weather
- Unbalanced Skin Ph
- More Skin Washing
- Harmful Chemical Exposer in Soap
- Seborrheic Dermatitis, Psoriasis, And Atopic Dermatitis.
- Direct Sunlight
People can treat dry skin by using several methods. The best treatment depends on the skin type and its severity. Treatment also differently occurs among different people, which can be dry, normal, oily, or combination type.
Homemade Face Pack for Dry Skin
1.Cucumber Face Pack
Cucumber provides hydration and cooling effects. It makes your skin supple and soft by preventing itching and soothing sensation.
- ½ cucumber
- One tablespoon sugar
- Peel and mash the fresh cucumber
- Include sugar in the mashed cucumber and refrigerate it for some time.
- Apply the cucumber pack on the face and keep it for 10 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
- Use the cucumber face pack two times in a week.
2.Strawberry Fruit Pack
The vitamin C presence in strawberries helps to treat the dryness of the face. It also best for lowering wrinkles and brightening the complexion. The strawberry pack also protects the sun’s damage.
- 2-3 ripe strawberries
- 1-tablespoon honey
- 1-teaspoon oatmeal
- Mash the fresh strawberries and add honey, water, and oatmeal.
- Prepare a medium consistency paste and apply it on the face.
- Wash it after 15 minutes with cool water.
- Use the strawberries face pack twice in a week.
3.Chandan Face Pack
Sandalwood is also called as Chandan in India. It is best for skin problems like irritation, flakiness, and dry patches. This face pack will bring smooth texture and tone your skin.
- One tablespoon sandalwood powder
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- One tablespoon rose water
- Combine all ingredients and apply them on the face.
- Keep the face pack for 15 minutes and wash using cool water.
- Apply the cucumber face pack thrice a week.
4.Egg Yolk Face Pack
Egg white also helpful for dry skin. It provides complete moisturizing fats and nourishes dry skin.
- One egg yolk
- One teaspoon honey
- Mix the egg yolk with honey till they blend.
- Apply the egg yolk on the face and let the face pack get dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash the face pack after 15 minutes.
- Manage this face pack 1-2 times a week.
5.Banana Face Pack
Banana provides moisturizing, anti-aging, and anti-wrinkle properties. Olive oil and honey provide deep moisturizing skin condition. The natural sebum production in the skin helps to manage the face pack.
- 1/2 ripe banana
- One tablespoon honey
- One teaspoon olive oil
Combine all ingredients and prepare a smooth paste.
Apply this face pack and wash it with water after 10 minutes.
Include one teaspoon of almond oil with 2-drops of vitamin E oil, and 2-teaspoon of banana puree.
Use banana face pack once in a week.
6.Watermelon Face Pack
Watermelon provides a high content of water and keeps the skin hydrated. It prevents dry skin from sun damage. Adding honey in the pack helps to moisture and repair the damaged skin occurred by oxidative stress.
- One tablespoon watermelon juice
- One tablespoon honey
- Take fresh watermelon juice and include honey in it.
- Combine well and apply on the face.
- Keep watermelon face pack for 20 minutes and wash it.
- Use this face pack 2-3 times a week.
7.Rose Petals Face Pack
Rose petals provide anti-inflammatory effects, which helps to soothe the dry skin. It is a well-known remedy from traditional time as a skincare remedy. Adding oats in the rose pack provides a moisturizing effect to dry skin.
- One rose flower
- One teaspoon ground oats
- Take rose petal and crush gently.
- Include ground oats with enough water to make a fine paste with medium consistency.
- Apply this face pack and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Once it gets dry, then wash it.
- For effective benefit, wipe the face with rose water with cotton.
- Do the rose and oats remedy once a week.
8.Orange Juice Face Pack
Orange juice also useful for dry face skin. It works as a skin toner as it comprises of vitamin C. Vitamin C helps to repair the skin, prevent wrinkles, treat free radical damage, and promote collagen production. Orange juice face pack enhances the lipids production stop water loss from the skin.
- 2-tablespoons orange juice
- ½ tablespoons oatmeal
- Mix orange juice with oatmeal and apply it on the face.
- Wash your face after 15 minutes.
- Use orange face once in a week.
9.Aloe Vera Face Pack
Aloe vera is the best ingredient for skin and hydration. It helps to rejuvenate the skin. The presence of antioxidant in aloe vera provide moisturizing, healing, and inflammation lowering effects. It also increases the skin radiant.
- 2 tbsp fresh aloe Vera gel
- 1-teaspoon honey
- 1-tablespoon sandalwood powder
- Mix all ingredients and use them on the face.
- Keep the face pack for 15 minutes and wash it with warm water.
- You can use aloe Vera face pack for dry skin twice a week.
10.Rice Flour Face Pack
Rice flour has a grainy texture, which helps to remove the dead skin cells and remove flakiness from dry skin. Rice starch also helps to improve the skin function and soothe irritated dry skin.
1-tbsp rice flour
Two tsp honey
- Combine the rice flour with honey, and oatmeal
- Apply the rice face pack on your face and wash after 10-15 minutes.
- Use rice face pack 1-2 times a week.
11.Almond Face Pack
Almond’s face pack helps to hydrate and rejuvenate the skin from inside. They also enhance the skin tone and complexion. Adding oats in the almond face pack helps to moisturize, and the yogurt tightens the skin. It also makes skin supple and soft.
- 5-6 almonds
- 1 tbsp oatmeal
- 2 tsp yogurt
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Soak the almonds whole night and blend the ingredient and make a fine paste.
- Apply this pack on face and wash after 15 minutes.
- Do this face pack remedy once in 3-4 days.
12.Curd Face Pack
Yogurt is a healthy and natural source of fats, which helps in exfoliating the skin. The presence of exfoliating acids in curd prevent flaky and dry skin by providing moisturizing the deep skin. It also brightens face skin.
- 2-tablespoons yogurt
- 1-tbsp honey
- A pinch of turmeric
- Combine all the above-given ingredients and prepare a smooth paste.
- Apply the curd paste on face and wash after 20 minutes.
- You can use a curd face pack twice a week.
13.Turmeric Face Pack
The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties present in turmeric helps to prevent dry skin and restore the natural glow and suppleness.
- 2-teaspoon milk
- A pinch of turmeric
- Cotton ball
- Combine milk and turmeric
- Apply the turmeric face pack on the face using a cotton ball.
- Wash face after 10 minutes.
- You can apply a turmeric face pack in 2-3 days.
- If you have a dairy allergy, avoid this face pack.
14.Cocoa Face Mask
Cocoa is rich in antioxidants and also provide anti-inflammatory properties. It treats dull and tired-looking skin. Cocoa face pack increases natural glow and moisturizing effects to dry skin.
- 1/2 tablespoon – Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon – Honey
- 1-teaspoon – Oatmeal or besan
- 2-teaspoons – Coconut milk
- Combine all ingredients and prepare a smooth paste.
- Apply the cocoa pack on face and wash after 10-12 minutes.
- Use cocoa face pack once in a week.
15.Avocado Face Pack
Avocado is especially nutritious and nourishing for dry skin. It is a completely healthy fat that provides the best moisturizing and collagen increasing effects on the skin.
- 2-teaspoons mashed avocado
- 1-teaspoon honey
- 1-teaspoon rose water
- Add rose water, honey, to the mashed avocado.
- Combine everything and apply it over the face.
- Wash your face after 10 minutes using lukewarm water.
- You can use avocado pack once in a week.
Onion mask is another face pack that works effectively for dryness. It helps to soothe skin and eliminate the dry skin and dead skin cells. It also removes blemishes and scars by hydrating the skin. However, more scientific research needed.
Note: Onions can leave a sour smell on the skin. If you want to avoid it, add some drops of essential oil in this pack.
- 2-teaspoons onion juice
- 1-tablespoon honey
- Mix all ingredients and apply them on the face.
- Wash after 10 minutes.
- You can repeat the application after 4-5 days.
17.Multani Mitti Face Pack
Multani mitti or fullers earth is a well-known home remedy for skin and face conditions. It is best suitable for oily skin but also works for dry skin when mixed with honey. Multani mitti moisturizes the skin and increases blood circulation. Therefore, it is excellent for dry skin.
- 1-2 tablespoons Multani mitti
- 1-tablespoon honey
- Combine honey and Multani mitti powder.
- Add some water to make medium consistency paste.
- Apply the Multani mitti on the face and wash ut after 10 minutes.
- Do Multani mitti remedy for dry skin once in a week.
18.Gram Flour and Curd Face Pack
Gram flour is the best natural exfoliator for skin, which helps to eliminate the dead skin. It also helps to cleanse your face and remove impurities and dirt from clogged pores, which can cause acne and pimples. Gram flour mix with yogurt helps to moisturize and rejuvenate the dull and dry skin. It enhances skin tone and glows.
- 2-Tablespoon Gram flour (Besan)
- 1-Tablespoon Sour Curd
- Mix the gram flour and curd in a glass bowl.
- Apply this pack on a clean face and wash after 20 minutes then apply to moisturize.
- You can follow this remedy for 2-3 times in a week to remove dirt, exfoliate impurities, and dead skin cells.
- Try this deeply nourishing and effective homemade face pack for dry skin.
19.Papaya and Honey Pack
It is a juicy and delicious fruit pack containing flavonoids, antioxidants, vitamin B, pantothenic. It also consists of minerals such as magnesium, potassium, and plenty of benefits.
Papaya provides vitamin A, which nourishes and rejuvenates the rough and dry skin, whereas the potassium hydrates the skin cells and restores the moisture. Regular use of papaya application helps to prevent wrinkles, skin aging, and age spots.
Honey also retains the moisture and removes dead cells from the skin.
- Ripe Papaya-1/2 Cup
- Honey-1 Tablespoon
- Mash the papaya and honey and make a smooth paste.
- Apply the papaya pack and let it get dry and wash after 30 minutes.
- Use the papaya face pack 3-4 times every week for glowing and silky skin.
20.Milk and Almond Pack
Milk is an excellent moisturizer for the skin as it contains plenty of vitamin B, antioxidants, protein, and minerals such as potassium, calcium, selenium, and magnesium. It also provides biotin.
Using milk face pack rejuvenate the damaged cells and restore its moisture to prevent peeling and dryness. The content of potassium in the milk soothes the itchiness and hydrate it.
Adding almond in milk face pack provides antioxidants, vitamin E, and proteins for nourishing the skin.
This milk face pack is effective for preventing aging and wrinkle’s appearance, age spots, fine lines.
- Milk- 2 Tablespoon
- Soak some almonds in water overnight or 1-2 hours to make them soft. Then ground them and make a thick paste. Include milk in it and combine well.
- Use this face pack on a clean face and massage for two minutes.
- Remove the milk face pack after 20-30 minutes by rinsing with water.
- You can use a milk face pack 2-3 times each week for soft and flexible skin.
Try any one face pack and see the results. If you do not get any result, then change the face pack. Also, stop using certain ingredients if you get irritations in the skin.