Everyone wishes to have a glowing skin, which after some time start to vanish due to certain lifestyle factors such as genetics, tanning, smoking, improper skincare. Several cosmetics boost skin while other cosmetics affect the skin and interfere with skin complexion. The lotions and cleansers provide a topical fix and helps the skin health by promoting gorgeous and hydrated skin.
Glowing skin also depends on the foods you consume in everyday diet.
Whether you need to treat premature aging, acne, pesky skin, or wrinkles’ appearance, then the right foods play an important role.
Researchers also discovered that healthy food from everyday diet help to fight the complexion problems by lowering inflammation and strength to tissues.
Here are Best Foods for Natural Glowing Skin
Table of Contents
Tomatoes are best for glowing skin as it provides lycopene, which is a phytochemical. This phytochemical promotes skin collagen and protein. It also fights against UV rays oxidation and provides a youthful structure. According to the study of the British-Journal-of-Dermatology discovered that participants who consumed five tablespoons of tomato paste every day showed 33% more strength against sunburn than a control group.
The presence of vitamin C in tomato provides cleansing effects in inner skin layers, and antioxidants lower the inflammation.
How to Add Tomato in Diet?
- Include tomato in an omelet with mushrooms and spinach topping.
- Add tomatoes in soup for homemade stewed soup.
- Make tomato salsa.
- Consume cherry tomatoes salad for more benefits.
- Replace creamy sauces with tomatoes in pasta. Tomatoes provide fewer calories and high fiber, folate, antioxidants, and vitamin C.
However, do not eat excess tomatoes and maintain a limit to prevent side effects.
Carrot is the best food for glowing skin. It is also suitable for the eyes and eliminates breakouts. Carrot offers a lot of vitamin A and beta-carotene, which is an antioxidant to restrict the excess of skin cells in the external layer. That means more limited flaky dead cells, which can contribute to clogged pores. Additionally, vitamin A helps to lower the growth of cancer cells in the skin.
How to Add Carrots in Your Diet?
- Chop carrots and add in salad or soup.
- Include carrot in rice recipes.
- Include shredded carrots in the potato salad.
- Use shredded carrots with lemon juice, greek yogurt, parsley, garlic, and use as grilled meat topping.
- Add carrots in muffin recipes.
- Slice them and marinate with fish dishes.
- Add carrots in smoothies.
- Make carrot pickles.
- Make a homemade cake of carrot.
According to one study in the journal of Evolution-and-Human-Behaviour, discovered that eating a diet rich with vegetables and fruits provide healthier and attractive glow to the skin. It was specifically those people who consumed more orange and red vegetables every day had bright complexion because those vegetables provided disease-fighting compounds called carotenoids. Sweet potatoes are one of them for glowing skin.
Sweet potatoes are consisting of rich vitamin E and vitamin C. Both vitamins are essential for healthy, supple, and glowing skin. The content of vitamin C also helps to promote collagen, which tightens the skin. The presence of antioxidants in sweet potatoes brings natural sheen. It also provides the best anthocyanins, which prevent dark spots and blemishes and limit free radicals.
How to use sweet potato in diet?
- Try eating sweet potato chips.
- Make a sweet potato broth with peeled and dice cut.
- Prepare a sandwich or wrap of sweet potatoes.
- Make sweet potatoes pancake with apple and walnut topping.
- Make a salad of sweet potatoes.
- Grill and make them light brown and drizzle with lime juice.
- Make sweet potato fries by baking it.
- Make a salad of pineapple, apple, cashews, celery, and do topping of sweet potatoes.
Natto is a delightful Japanese dish prepared by cooking and fermenting soybeans with bacteria, which promote the nutritional content of beans. These fermented soybeans are excellent with high dietary fiber and vitamin K2. Vitamin k2 is necessary for bone and cardiovascular health for enhancing skin elasticity and lessen wrinkles.
Nato is a strong source of gut-healing probiotics, considering this unique snack is best for glowing skin. A healthy gut keeps away the inflammation.
How to Add Natto In Diet?
- Make a natto rice bowl with a topping of soy sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil, raw egg, and seaweed. You can also include other veggies and seasonings.
- Make natto toast with honey or cheese toppings.
- Prepare a natto omelet with green onions, chopped vegetables, soy sauce, or cheese.
Turmeric is a miraculous ingredient for lowering pain and cancer cells in the skin. It is an Indian spice used in cooking and also in medicinal use. The turmeric also provides active antioxidants, curcumin, which reduce inflammation and free radicals mentioned in the Oncogene. Additionally, the researchers discovered that spice can also lighten the dark pigmentation and scars that occurred by hormone imbalance, aging, or sun exposure by lowering enzyme present in the skin. Use turmeric with honey for healing skin.
How to Add Turmeric in Diet?
- Add a pinch of turmeric in tofu, scrambled eggs, or frittata.
- Stir the turmeric with roasted vegetables likes potatoes, cauliflower, and root vegetables.
- Include turmeric in rice.
- Sprinkle turmeric over greens like collards, greens, and cabbage.
- Use turmeric in vegetable or non-veg soup to get the golden texture.
- Add turmeric in smoothies for slightly strong flavor.
- Make a tea of turmeric with milk and honey.
You can add turmeric in many recipes as it is the basic ingredient. It will surely glow your skin.
Salmon is the best food for glowing skin as it provides an anti-inflammatory component called omega-3s. It also provides dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE). DMAE boosts healthy skin by protecting cell membranes. Cell strength helps to protect against the deterioration, which contributes to premature aging. The nutrient of salmon also prevents arachidonic acid production, which is an arachidonic acid that causes inflammation and wrinkles formation. DMAE also acts in conjunction with vitamin B to raise the acetylcholine levels, which is a neurotransmitter important for the right muscle functioning for a toned face.
Salmon is a type of rare food source of selenium and vitamin D, which are essential antioxidants and minerals.
How to Add Salmon in Diet?
- Make easy poached salmon with fresh herbs is the best way to lower the fat.
- Make juicy salmon with foil pouches.
- Baking the salmon in foil pocket brings out the amazing flavor in the fish and juices.
- Include salmon in the spicy burger.
Papaya is a tropical fruit containing a plethora (active enzymes, which provide good health benefits. Once an enzyme called chymopapain, which provide inflammation relieving effects.
Papaya provides another enzyme called papain, which helps to eliminate the acne and blemishes. Topically applying papaya remove the clogged pore and cleanse the skin. One cup of fresh papaya juice provides 144% of DV of vitamin C, which strengthens collagen.
How to Add Papaya in Diet?
- You will find papaya in the local market with fresh flavor.
- Make papaya salad.
- Add papaya in smoothies or bread.
- Make papaya juice.
Vitamin C is important for the growth and composition of muscle and skin tissue for producing collagen, which is a protein that gives structure and strength to bones, skin, tendons, and muscles. Yellow bell pepper gives more vitamin C than the orange. According to the British-Journal-of-Nutrition research of around 700 Japanese women, the researchers discovered that the more green and yellow vegetables used, the less consumed were had crow’s feet and wrinkles. Even once these people managed sun exposure.
How to Add Yellow Bell Pepper in Diet?
- Include bell pepper in vegetable broth to make a nutritional broth.
- Include yellow bell pepper as stuffing in different recipes. You can combine it with beets, carrots, onion, and potatoes.
- You can also add yellow bell pepper in salad or soup by cutting in the desired shape.
Safflower oil is a variety of vegetable oil. Research tells that safflower oil produces several health benefits like cholesterol management, blood sugar, and decreases skin inflammation. Safflower oil is a well-known cooking oil obtained from seeds of the plant called safflower. Some research suggests that it also best for the diet of skin health. You can cook this oil with high temperature and high smoke point with a neutral flavor.
This oil contains omega-6s, which helps to moisturize and treat the dry, itchy, and flaky skin. It makes the skin wall supple and improves the epidermis.
Scientists have discovered that safflower oil helps to cure skin conditions like eczema.
The safflower oil consists of high polyunsaturated fats, which can have no flavor after refrigerated and good for dressing salad and different cold preparations. The high oleic version in safflower oil provides extra monounsaturated fats and smoke points like deep frying.
The American-Heart-Association suggests cooking oil with low saturated fats like olive oil and safflower oil limit the heart problems and regulate cholesterol levels. Since polyunsaturated fats convert to oxidize while cooking, refined safflower, high oleic is a good choice for high heat cooking.
How to Use Safflower Oil in Diet?
- Use for dressing salad
- Use in deep frying foods and normal cooking recipes.
Eggs are another powerful food for glowing skin. The egg yolk contains rich vitamins and minerals, which promote cell function and provide biotin a beauty vitamin. This vitamin B is most common to increase hair, nails. It also prevents rashes, acne, and dryness.
Eggs also contain rich lutein, which provides elasticity and hydration to skin while protein repairs the skin tissues and bring firmness.
How to Add Eggs in Your Diet?
- Eat boiled eggs in breakfast.
- Make omelet.
- Add eggs in pancakes.
Spinach is dark leafy green veggies, which provide rich vitamin B, folate, and repair DNA. It is a nutrient-rich and healthy food to add in everyday diet. Some people do not like it because of its earthly flavor, but it provides wonderful benefits of chlorophyll, folate, iron, magnesium, vitamin E, vitamin A, fiber, and vitamin C. It’s content of vitamin C, and antioxidants increase the skin glow. Antioxidants of spinach protect against all skin problems and cleanse it from inside.
How to Add Spinach in Diet?
- Include spinach in soups, pasta, and casseroles.
- Do light saute of spinach with little extra virgin olive oil. Season the spinach with fresh parmesan cheese and ground black pepper.
- Include spinach in sandwich, wraps, and flatbread.
- Prepare a dip of spinach using goat cheese or artichoke.
- Include some fresh spinach to a scrambled egg or omelet or add in smoothies.
Avocado is the best fruit for overall health. It is the best anti-aging fruit to eat. The avocado carries rich monounsaturated fatty acid, which helps preserve and hydrate the skin by decreasing the risk of early aging from sun damage. Avocado is a pure source of healthy fats, which promote fat-soluble vitamins and increase skin glow.
How to Use Avocado in Diet?
- Make avocado spread and replace it with cream cheese.
- Enjoy avocado with crackers and organic tortilla.
- Make a smoothie with avocado and fruits.
- Prepare delicious creamy topping on chicken or fish.
- Make avocado pudding with chocolates.
Green tea is another best food for glowing skin. The content of catechins in green tea provide antioxidants and lower inflammation and cancer risk. Research of Archives-of-Biochemistry-and-Biophysics discovered that consuming 5-6 cups of green tea every day helps to limit the risk of skin cancer by repairing DNA damage. Make sure to check how much is too much consumption of green tea for your health. While green tea hydrates the body, it’s too much consumption can also cause dehydration with negative effects.
How to Add Green Tea in Diet?
- Make a cheesy dessert of green tea.
- Add green tea in a yogurt parfait with granola and fruits layering with different berries.
- Make pudding or green tea and chia seeds.
- You can use green tea for dressing salad or dipping sauces.
- Add green tea in fish poaching liquid and broth.
- Make green tea frosting for cupcakes.
You may have thought it was only a pattern, yet kale has demonstrated that it earned its place as a superfood. This cruciferous veggie is stacked with the skin’s preferred anti-aging nutrients A, C, E, and, interestingly, nutrient K. Leafy greens are one of the strongest sources of nutrient K, a nutrient which assists with blood clotting and quicker recovering when ingested. What’s more, when applied topically, it can limit the wounds, scars, spider veins, and stretch marks.
How to Add Kale in Diet?
- Saute kale with olive oil and fresh garlic and toss in the pasta.
- Make Kale juice or smoothies with enough liquid of almond milk or water.
- Make kale chips by baking at 350 degrees for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Remove stems of kale and add it in a salad.
- Include raisins, dried cranberries, and dried fruits in a salad.
Blueberries are the best superfood for glowing skin. It provides rich antioxidants and prevents skin damage and aging caused by free radicals. These berries also promote the collagen fiber strengths and good concentration of anthocyanins, which are phytonutrients with a blue hue. These fruits also contribute prebiotics with high fibers and gut-healthy fatty acids that lower inflammation. It also boosts the immune system and boosts skin health.
How to Add Blueberries in Diet?
- Eat whole blueberries.
- Make a smoothie of blueberries with milk, yogurt, and fruits.
- Toss blueberries in waffles or pancakes.
- Combine blueberries in a fruit salad.
- Add blueberries in jam recipes.
- Include blueberries in ice cream.
- Bake blueberries with muffins with other fruits.
- Add blueberries in homemade energy snacks.
Is your skin more prone to get dark circles? Experts discovered that aging does not cause dark circles from less but genetics. Gradually, the skin begins to lose its collagen and flexibility, which makes the veins under eyes more visible. Adding brazil nuts in your diet provides 135% of DV of selenium, a nutrient, which promotes collagen productions. The mineral presence in brazil nut helps to preserve the elastin, pure protein to tighten and smoothen the skin. It also acts as antioxidants, which reduce the free radical damage occurred by UV exposure. These nuts also provide vitamin E to moisturize the skin, and copper presence helps in melanin to prevent harmful effects on the skin.
How to Add Brazil Nuts in Diet?
- Eat brazil nuts as snacks.
- Roast brazil nuts and eat.
Coconut Water & Oil
You cannot waste anything when using coconut for skin health. Coconut water is natural water for overall health. It helps to relax the muscle health from its potassium and electrolytes to rehydrate the skin. It makes your skin younger looking and soft. The coconut oil sometime also good for gut health but not regular consumption. It provides caprylic acid, antimicrobial, which helps to improve the good gut bacteria. Coconut prevents candida in gut health, which can hinder the intestinal walls and lower stomach acid, which contributes to poor digestion, inflammation, and breakouts.
How to Add Coconut in Diet?
- Eat raw coconut to get plenty of nutrition.
- Drink fresh coconut water.
- Use coconut oil in recipes.
- Bake with coconut oil.
- Add coconut in cake, snacks, muffins, biscuits, and smoothies.
- Make dessert using coconut milk.
Oats are another suitable food for glowing skin. It is a nutrient-dense food, which supports weight loss and brightens skin. Oats provides high fiber, and inflammation lowering gut bacteria. It also lowers blood sugar spikes and prevents skin problems. Adding oats in your diet strengthens the body tissues. Oats provide high silicon, which traces the minerals and promotes skin elasticity by slowing aging.
How to add Oats in Diet?
- Make soup of oats and other vegetables.
- Replace rice with oats every alternate day.
- Add oats as pizza toppings.
- Make night snack of oats and yogurt.
- Include oats in a salad.
- Make biscuits, muffins with oats.
- Use oats with coating chicken, fish, or different cutlet recipes.
Almonds provide plenty of vitamin E and beneficial for skin health. The vitamin E helps to repair scarred cells and treat the sun damage. During the research, people who eaten 14 mg of vitamin E (20 almonds) every day and were exposed to UV light burned less than those people who did not eat anything. Vitamin E works as an antioxidant, and it also prevents free radical damage. Almonds are one of the excellent sources of dairy-free calcium.
How to Add Almond in Diet?
- Almonds are tasty and delicious dry fruit. You can eat them in many ways, including:
- Sprinkle almond slices in oatmeal.
- Do the toppings of almonds on yogurt and rice recipes.
- Include chopped almonds over chicken salad.
- Use almond milk in cereal or coffee.
- Add almonds in muffins.
- Include some almonds in an omelet.
- Toss almond slices in a salad.
- Make snacks of roasted almonds for small hunger.
- Use almond butter on toast or mix almond butter with jelly.
- Bake almonds with nut bread.
- Make a pancake with almond flour.
- Make pastry of almond paste.
Whole Wheat Bread
Replace the burgers and fries with whole wheat bread to lower the acne problems. Acne is one of the main reasons to dull the complexion. Wheat bread provides high nutrients because the white bread contains high glycemic contents, which affect insulin levels and blood sugar. Therefore, whole grains are ranked with a low glycemic index and healthful than processed foods.
How to Add Whole Wheat Bread in Diet?
Apart from whole wheat bread, make whole wheat pasta, tortillas, bagels.
Eat flaxseeds for glowing your skin. These tiny seeds provide powerful benefits to health by decreasing inflammation in the skin. It retains the skin cells hydrated. The flax seeds consist of high omega-3 fatty acids, which help to remove the fine line. According to the research of British-Journal-of-Nutrition discovered that people who used 1/2 teaspoon of omega-3s for six weeks shown significantly reduced redness and irritations in skin.
How to Add Flax Seeds in Diet?
- Sprinkle flax seeds in fruit deep.
- Add ground flax seeds on berries.
- Combine ground flax seeds in shakes, whole grain cereals, salads, cooked vegetables, nut butter, hummus, canned pumpkin.
- Add flax seeds in pancake recipes.
Dark chocolates also good for skin health and glow. It contains essential antioxidants such as flavanols, which lower the roughness in the skin caused by sun damage. These antioxidants also lower the oxidative stress and prevent premature aging of the skin.
How to Add Dark Chocolate in Diet?
- Add dark chocolate in smoothies, blend it and also sprinkle some over toppings.
- Drizzle some melted dark chocolate over fruit salad or popped popcorn.
- Fold dark chocolate into nut butter.
- Include dark chocolate in savory dishes.
If you like seafood, then don’t skip oysters in your skin glowing diet. Oyster comprises of high zinc and trace minerals, which your body require some every day. Zinc is essential for cell functions to manage 100 different enzymes. Skin cells specifically depend on the zinc mineral to repair and restore cells. This mineral also protects collagen and support skin structures.