Burning 500 calories in 30 minutes can be challenging for obese and overweight people. You start the same, but different people have a different number of calories burning ability.
Every food provides plenty of nutrition but do you know how much nutrition your body needs and how much getting excess and accumulating inside your body?
However, there are some ways to reduce extra calories in 30 minutes. In this article, you will learn about how to burn 500 calories in 30 minutes.
Manage your weight
Almost everyone wishes to have ideal body weight, but only some people can get it. Ideal weight is when you have weight and BMI perfect according to your height.
To manage your healthy weight and body, you need to burn an equal number of calories as much as you consume. Generally, if you consume 2500 calories diet, then your body uses some calories for managing basic functions and store some calories for daily activities.
You will able to maintain your current weight if your everyday activities burn all the calories you consumed. High calories food and inactive lifestyle cause build-up extra fat storage in the body. This condition results in obesity, reduced metabolism, weight gain, and other health risks.
Fitness experts suggest that doing physical activity for 30 minutes can burn 500 calories. Spending every day 30 minutes is sufficient to keep an individual healthy and manage fitness. Almost all people can at least spend 30 minutes from their everyday routine and busy schedule to exercise.
Less Time More Calories
Weight loss depends on the weight of your body. A person with more weight requires to burn more calories than a slim person. Also, the 30 minutes of exercise must be intense and done with total involvement.
Make sure to choose workout which burns calories with speed by allowing your constant momentum.
Alternate different workout in 30 minutes time to get effective results. Make sure you focus on high pace instead of counting your calories. A medium weight person can burn up to 400 calories in 30 minutes. An individual with over 90 kgs weight can be able to burn more calories than 500 at the same time.
You should always begin with a good warm-up and cool yourself after exercise.
Important exercises to burn 500 calories in 30 minutes
Running is the best workout for normal people. It helps to burn calories more than any other workout. According to the American-Council-Exercise report says that running burns more calories than the swimming, weight training, cycling, and downhill skiing. Many people don’t know how to burn more calories. The result will be found through normal fast running sessions. This workout will not require any equipment. If you can afford, then use a treadmill for running. But running outside is more fun with refreshment.
Try to run at a steady and fast pace around eight mph for at least 30 minutes and stop for only 30 seconds to take a breath. When you finish this running, you will see the 500 calories get vanish. Get more sweat while doing this intense cardio exercise helps to contribute to good health.
- Running increases your confidence.
- It reduces depression and improves your mood.
- Running workout relieve stress.
- It prevents diseases such as stroke, breast cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart attack
Strength training is the best way to burn 500 calories in 30 minutes for better weight loss. Make sure that you are consuming healthy and good food to assist your strength training without disturbing your extra weight. However, strength exercise is a challenge and need more hard work especially during heavy weight lifting.
Strength training is resistance training which helps overall fitness and health. Whether you choose resistance bands, free weights, body weight workout, and weight machines, the training will help to strengthen your muscles and bones. It keeps your metabolism active and daily activities easier than normal days.
Strength training with weights focuses on targeting various muscle groups in the body to bring the definition. Strength training is one of the intense types of workout which burns a large number of calories when you do it with minimized breaks.
You can do strength training workout and burn 500 calories in 30 minutes and taking a break of 30 seconds between every set.
Strength training benefits
- It prevents obesity and promotes the metabolic rate.
- It helps to cope with aging inactivity and boost the ability to perform well in everyday life.
- Strength training benefits your insulin sensitivity and prevents type 2 diabetes.
- Doing strength training helps to improve your cardiovascular health.
- It improves bone and teeth mineral density.
You can do weight workouts to burn 500 calories in 30 minutes. During this exercise, you will use your own body weight to perform resistance upon gravity. During this process, you will require to do lunges, push-ups, squats for better calorie burning process.
Another different bodyweight workout with focused intensity for 30 minutes you will get complete body workout which helps to improve your metabolism and burn around 500 calories. Make your body ready for such type of strain because you need to take workout seriously to reduce 500 calories.
The Benefits of Weight Workouts
- Strength workout helps to boost your physical work capacity and improve daily activities performance. It makes you work hard for a long time with correct weight workout activities.
- Weight workouts also help to improve your bone density and control bone loss as your age increase.
- It benefits fat-free body mass by reducing sarcopenia which is a lean muscle mass we lose with age.
- Strength workout helps to prevent fat build-up.
- It builds the strength of muscles, connective tissues, and tendons and prevents injury risk.
- It helps to provide quality life in daily performances.
Interval training is reaching on the big way like you will realize how this interval training can be beneficial. Before you add this workout in a fitness routine, make sure to know how you should perform it.
Interval training is a high-intensity workout with a time of rest and recovery while doing the workout. The interval training workout uses your body’s two different energy generating systems such as anaerobic and aerobic.
The aerobic workout is a method which allows you to run or walk for long distances and use your oxygen for converting carbohydrates in the entire body.
The anaerobic workout is a method which moves energy from stored carbohydrates in your muscles while performing short bursts of workout such as jumping, sprinting or heavy object lifting.
It makes your body to work more in a shorter time with more comfortable at high intensity. The important thing you should remember is to choose workouts which your body can handle with comfort and burn 500 calories in 30 minutes.
Interval training is the most effective method to burn calories. If you try a high-intensity workout with a low-intensity workout, then your body works better for burning more calorie.
The interesting things are that interval training workout make your metabolism active even after performing 30 minutes.
Interval training benefits
- Interval training helps your heart to get prepared for pumping more blood to your muscles.
- It also prepares your muscles to extricate oxygen more systematically and make your other workout easier to perform.
- Interval workout is a time saver for you by building your exercise in a short time limit. You can finish the entire workout in less than 30 minutes.
- Interval training helps to limit injury risk and overtraining. Because the short time workout is beneficial than longer workouts.
- It is the best workout to choose for weight loss plan and burn 500 calories in 30 minutes.
Swimming helps to burn 500 calories effectively in 30 minutes and prepare your endurance levels. It is the best workout for people who cannot lift the weight, bend knees or back. Swimming actively for 30 minutes will help to burn up to 500 calories.
Swimming is an excellent workout for the brain and body. For example, if you perform the cardiovascular workout in the water, then your whole body will not put much pressure on your joints.
If you are a beginner, then you can still perform well in the swimming pool exercise which provides many health benefits. You can build strength and burn 500 calories in 30 minutes a day.
Make sure to have an expert swimming coach to train you better techniques and prevent injuries
Swimming workout benefits
- It is a good workout for the whole body because it helps to keep your heart rate elevated and reduce body stress.
- Swimming builds your strength, cardiovascular fitness and manages a healthy weight.
- It is the best workout for muscles which get more engaged while swimming.
Do you know climbing stairs is one of the best workouts for burning calories in 30 minutes? You can also hold dumbbell while stepping stairs. Adding weight create functional movements in your everyday life such as carrying grocery bags and stepping stairs. This workout engages your muscles more and increases your calorie burning.
Fitness expert suggests that holding 3 to 8 pounds of dumbbells rely on your fitness level. If you feel the imbalance, then try to be safe by putting the weight down and making yourself comfortable. You can also try carrying dumbbells in the grocery bag position in each hand like holding two bags of grocery.
Benefits of stair stepping
- Stepping stairs helps to tone your muscles of thighs, glutes, hips, and abdominals.
- It helps to strengthen Core muscles such as your lower back and abdominal muscles.
- Taking stairs helps to enhance bone density and prevent osteoporosis.
According to the study of Harvard Medical University, an individual with a weight of 185 pounds can burn up to 500 calories in 30 minutes if done the workout of cycling. But the person needs to perform this cycling workout vigorously in the whole duration, or you say it should be performed non-stop.
The cycling activity is the best moderate impact aerobic exercise which helps to burn more fat and keep the heart rate raised. You can go outdoor for cycling on the roadsides and up and downhill will be the best trick.
Benefits of daily cycling
- Improved cardiovascular fitness
- It expands muscle flexibility and strength
- Increased joint mobility
- Reduced stress levels
- Improved coordination and posture
- Increased bone strength
- Reduce body fat levels.
- Prevent diseases
You can try Zumba dance workout to burn 500 calories in 30 minutes. However, the calorie burning in Zumba depends on different factors of your health but the average burning calories around 500 to 1,000 calories in 30 minutes or 1 hour.
By performing Zumba, you will get cardiovascular exercise for burning calories in the environment like a dance party. It will hand moves of Latin dance in the basic steps and also involves hip-hop, belly dance, and reggaetón dance moves. When you have fun with exercise, you will stay motivated and stick to your weight loss plan. Regular Zumba dancing burns more calories very fast and helps you lose significant weight. Play your favorite music with Zumba to enjoy more and take your family or friends with you.
Benefits of Zumba
- It is a great weight loss workout to burn around 500-1000 calories in 30 minutes to one hour.
- It helps to tones your whole body.
- By providing aerobic benefits, it maintains a good respiratory system and cardiovascular and keep your heart rate up.
- Zumba dance workout releases your stress and makes you feel happy. It helps to release endorphins to induce a positive feeling in the body.
You know running is the best exercise for burning calories, with that running on soft sand can benefits your cardio plan to get effective results.
Running on soft sand make you put more effort than the flat surface running. As you begin to run on sand, your foot will get sink in the sand, and you have put more energy to take it out to run forward. This running on sand activity helps to bur 30% more calories than your treadmill activity. You can run on the sand with barefoot which is beneficial for stabilizing smaller muscles for working hard. The harder you used your muscles the possibility is that they will become stronger and prevent injuries while running on the hard surface. Regular running on sand for 30 minutes helps to burn 500 calories every day. One thing you should remember that and run should adapt gradually and not quickly.
Sand running benefits
- It put less impact on your lower body muscles such as knees, hips, and ankles and prevent muscle tension.
- Sand running helps to strengthen your weak muscles. Your body uses small muscles and prevents injury from muscle imbalance to stabilize yourself in the sand
It makes your lower body muscles stronger as you make effort to firmly put your food in the sand and move your feet forward.
Skipping is another way to burn fat and weight loss. You might have seen many athletes and fitness conscious people do more skipping on regular basis. Studies discovered that skipping at a moderate movement helps to burn nearly 10 to 16 calories every minute. It means skipping for 30 minutes will definitely help burn 500 calories. Additionally, skipping helps to build bone density and speed.
Fitness expert suggests that adding skipping workout in your everyday fitness plan helps for great fitness level. You can combine shipping with other exercises. Many individuals choose to skip rather than running because skipping provides several benefits. Skipping is an easy and simple exercise with fun, also helpful for calorie burning.
Benefits of skipping
- Skipping is the best workout for improving concentration.
- It helps to manage a healthy heart and prevent breath shortness and build stamina.
- Skipping helps to tone up your upper body muscles.
- It increases blood circulation and prevents aging effects.
Tabata is a high-intensity workout for an individual who wants to burn extra calories. A research study from National-Institute-of-Fitness-and-sport, Japan discovered that doing Tabata for five days in a week for six week helps to improve maximum aerobic capacities by 14% and anaerobic ability by 28%.
Tabata is required extreme short rest intervals between workouts. It makes your body to move between energy systems and generate a number of lactic acid and growth hormones which stimulate the fat burning process and burn 500 calories in 30 minutes.
Benefits of Tabata workout
- Tabata workout helps burn more fat. Generally, you have to wait for the calorie burning process bur during Tabata because it is a high-intensity workout which involves from the beginning.
- It helps to protect your muscle tissues with short durations of 20 to 30 minutes.
- It provides a short time but effective workout with the result.
You can consider kettlebell workout for burning 500 calories in 30 minutes. According to the study of American-Council-on Exercise discovered that regular kettlebell exercise burns around 20 calories every minute which means 400 calories burned in 20 minutes and 500 in 30 minutes.
The kettlebell is not a new workout, but it is less popular in the fitness world and letting rise for good reason. It is an extreme workout which provides total body conditioning and strength.
Often, people mistake while performing kettlebell. Therefore, take help from fitness expert for technical movement, skills, lift and raise your calorie burning benefits.
However, it looks easy to do the workout, but the swing can require good practice, time and perfect coaching. Many people do it improperly which will limit the desired result because it depends on the progress of the basic movement.
The important thing to remember is the kettlebell swing is a most valued workout and foundation efficient kettlebell workout. If you want good results, then focus on proper movements.
Benefits of kettlebell training
- It helps to increase work capacity. Increased work capacity allows you to increase muscles, burn more calories and become strong.
- Kettlebell workout helps to improve cardiovascular ability and strengthen muscles of a lower body part such as hips, lower back, legs, and core in less time.
- Physical power is important for doing any activity. Power refers to the body’s ability to produce force while doing activities.
- It helps to build resistance with weakness because kettlebell weight is not similar to barbell, dumbbell.
- Kettlebell helps to train your body to manage off-center gravity. It means that you are small balancing muscles get activated more than regular workout by making them stronger.
- Kettlebell workout reduces back pain. It prevents glutes muscles injury and helps it to fire properly.
- It also corrects your posture by balancing your spinal muscles. Kettlebell workout has the ability to correct the posture with spinal stability to reduce the risk of injury.
Clean your home with your favorite music which makes you dance in between, and you will complete cleaning and burning calories.
Did you know it before that you can burn calories while doing house activities? It is a simple routine change to adapt to fitness. Most of the house activities help to burn calories by using physical movements as you do in the gym. Make small adjustments in your workout for burning calories without going out for the gym.
Have fun with other ways to lose calories
Is intense activity of 30 minutes making you shiver? Your goal is to burn 500 calories every day and reduce at least one pound over the week. Here are some fun ways to burn calories.
- Try salsa dance routine of 30 minutes every day. You will enjoy it like never before and also burn that 500 calories.
- Engage yourself in gardening activities such as cleaning backyard, watering to plants which makes you feel good and also burn calories.
- Clean your home with your favorite music which makes you dance in between, and you will complete cleaning and burning calories.
- Play racquetball with your friends or even with kids which a real calorie burning fun game.
- Play instruments which put some physical and mental strain for burning calories.
- Try rope jumping or skipping for 30 minutes.
- Add more protein food in your daily diet. Try to cut down extra calorie consumption and eat healthy fiber-rich foods to fuel your body for the workout.
- Stay hydrated because water is important while burning calories to prevent the feeling of tiredness.
- Get enough sleep every day to have a healthy body to support a 500 calorie burning plan.
Try out the above all listed ways to burn 500 calories in 30 minutes. These workouts should be performed slowly and increase with time. If you feel uncomfortable with any workout, then check with your doctor. Make sure to take fitness expert advice before starting any workout. If you feel tired in the mid of any workout take rest and continue. As you do it regularly, you will surely burn 500 calories. Make sure to do a good warmup before exercise and take rest after. Try to maintain a healthy lifestyle to prevent weight loss impact on your health.