The muffin top is a fitness challenge for weight loss. It is experienced by many people. The traditional advice focuses on the specific weight reduction to remove the fat. According to other studies, general weight loss includes healthy diet choice and cardiovascular workout that work effectively for reducing belly fat.
What is a Muffin top?
Muffin top is the slang for the body which often used for hip fat or lower belly fat accumulated over your butts. If you have muffin tops or love handles, then your six-pack will get hidden behind it.
Before doing exercise to get rid of muffin tops, you need to know the important things. You need to perform a total cardio workout and body movement exercise. You may not have the spot reduction, but you can sculpt a specific body part.
The candlestick dipper is a muffin top move. This workout targets the muscles of oblique and effectively gives the result.
How to do?
- Jump on your knees with your abs firm and keep back straight. Use padding under your knees on the off chance that they are delicate.
- Now make your right leg straight to your side. Ensure your knee is straight and not hanging towards the floor.
- Lift your hand straight above the head and tie your fingers together. Keep the initial 2-fingers engaged in Charlie’s Angel’s position.
- Twist at your midsection to one side. Go as low as you can and attempt to be parallel to the floor.
- Rise once again into the beginning position.
- Complete 15-dips and do it on the opposite side.
Doing hip dips are a more effective workout for toning your obliques and total waistline.
How to do?
- Take a plank position by engaging your abs muscles.
- Takedown your forearm plank by flexing your elbows and get down on your forearms.
- Rotate your left side into a side plank using forearm and pile your right leg on your left leg. Keep your right hand over your hip.
- Next, dip your hip to the floor to liftback.
- Perform 10-dips on one side and roll to another side.
Rolling plank is a different variation of classic plank workout. It helps to tone your total midsection. As it is a moving exercise, it works best for a cardio workout.
How to do?
- Get down in a regular plank holding your arms straight and abs engaged. Ensure your hands are right below your shoulders.
- Now, move to the left toward a side-plank and return into the plank.
- Move to your right side inside a side-plank and after that return into the plank.
- Continue exchanging the sides and complete 10-rolls each side.
Butt lift is the best work out for removing muffin top. It helps to tone your lower abs muscles, muffin tops, obliques, and lift butt.
How to do?
- Lie down flat on the exercise mat using your back. Put your feet level on the ground and flex knees.
- Raise your butt upward till you have a vertical line from knees to your shoulders.
- Get down again.
- Do this exercise for 15-20 times.
Hip twists, also known as waist whittlers. They are completely amazing for waist exercise.
How to do?
- Take forearm plank position using your elbows directly below your shoulders and keep your body straight.
- Now rotate your hip to your left side and reach your left hip to the ground and then turn to the right, and then touch your right hip to the ground.
- Perform 20 twists.
Bicycle crunches are the best workout for getting rid of muffin tops. It works effectively for reducing muffin tops, belly fat, and abs.
How to do?
- Rests on the floor on your back and raise your feet using your knees twisted to such an extent that your calves become parallel to the floor.
- Place your hands back of your head to help your head and neck.
- Drive your left knee into your right elbow and collectively follow the right leg. Try not to drive down your right leg near the ground.
- Next, get the right knee to left side elbow and straighten your left leg.
- Continue changing and do as much as possible for 1-2 minutes.
The Russian twist is one of the amazing workouts to reduce the muffin top. It helps to strengthen abs muscles, reduce fat, and tone oblique muscles. You can perform this workout using weight or without weight.
How to do?
- Sit down using your feet squeezed toward the ground and knees flexed.
- Now lean backside somewhat.
- Take a dumbbell or use a kettlebell in your hand. If you feel the weight is too much, then lock your both hands.
- Now, move your dumbbell from other side and twist your torso with it.
- You can do 10 twists for both sides.
The heatwave is an amazing move for abs and butt workout.
How to do?
- Lie down using your back and keep your feet press toward the floor.
- Lift your hips till you get aligned from knees to shoulders.
- Turn your hips from one side to another side like a wave.
- Perform this work out 15 times and get down your butt.
Twisting – Mountain Climbers
Take your abs at 360 degrees close to your body. It’s not just the front part that makes you get good abs. It is a great way to shed muffin tops. It is a twisting workout that engages your obliques. Mountain climbers are also the best way to burn calories to reduce access to fats near the midsection.
How to do?
- Take the plank position by keeping your arms extended completely.
- Get your right knee into your left elbow and keep your legs straight. Put your foot back on the ground.
- Do this on your other side.
- Make a goal of 3-sets for 20 seconds of this workout.
Superman workout is best to remove the muffin top. It helps to tighten your lower back and abdomen muscles. This exercise focuses on back muscles and strengthens the core.
How to do?
- Lay down on the floor and take a superman pose.
- Lie with face down to your mat, and your arms should be extended outward, and legs are straight backside.
- Contract your glutes and lift your core upward with your legs and arms. This pose should be like superman.
- Wait in this position for1-count and take rest on the floor.
- Make an aim for 20 seconds of workout for superman lifts.
Back Extensions using Barbell on Shoulders
Doing back extension using a barbell on your shoulders helps to reduce the muffin top. You can do it at your gym but make sure not hold heavyweight. Start with slow reps and feel at the end of your completion.
How to do?
- Hold a barbell using your upper back with a solid grip to put the bar from pushing forward.
- The barbell should be placed over your traps and level to your shoulders.
- You can also do it on the machine with 45° incline back-extension machine with a new window.
- Connect your hips and put your core supported. Avoid bending your back.
- Gently bend front side of the ground and don’t flex your torso more over the top of hyperextension.
- Lift yourself with back upward in a parallel pose to the bench to create a straight line.
- Perform 12-reps of 1-set.
Cable Trunk – Rotation
The cable trunk rotation exercise helps to remove the muffin tops. It stimulates the back part of obliques.
How to do?
- Open a new window of obliques exercise to perform this workout.
- In your gym, add a handle to the cable machine to initiate a new window so the handle should face the level.
- Stand in front of the machine.
- Begin with your feet by keeping somewhat wider than your shoulder width.
- Place your knees lightly and contract your core muscles.
- Take the handle using both hands and place your both arms upright.
- Turn the handle down and beyond your left side of the body near to the side of hips while bending left knee inward.
- Return to the middle by putting your moves in control.
- Do it frequently with your right side by turning your knees in while performing your right.
- Keep yourself erect with the whole movement and support your spine straight and keep your shoulder stretched backward.
- Perform 10-rotations both sides that is a total of 20-reps.
Jab-Cross to Sprawl
The jab-cross to sprawl initiates a new window. It is the best exercise for muffin top reduction. This workout target muscles of core, obliques, and back. This exercise increases the heart rate and burns more calories.
How to do?
- From a fight position (one leg somewhat in front and boxing guard-up), toss a long, straight stroke from your lead arm (hit) while turning through your hips and shoulders, rotating on the bundle of your front foot.
- Catch up with a long, straight punch from the back arm (cross), keeping the opposite arm in a guard and turning on a chunk of the back foot.
- Return both hands to control, twist your knees, and bring your hands to the ground, shooting the two legs back to a high board (consider completing a burpee).
- Bounce the two legs back in and stand up in battle position.
- Rehash for 30 seconds substituting battle position every rep.
- Rest for 15 seconds at that point continue to the following move.
The Spiderman climber workout creates a new window. It is a full plank position to reduce the muffin tops.
How to do?
- Take a complete plank position by keeping your hand below your shoulders and keep your head, heels, and hips level.
- Then jump your right-side foot to your right hand.
- As you begin to jump your right foot behind to beginning point, together jump your left foot outward to your left hand. Do this movement again to your sides for 30-seconds.
- You can also stretch the right knee toward right elbow, put your right leg in the air, before keeping your right foot behind down close to your left foot and do it for another side.
- Take rest of 15-seconds and perform next move.
Sumo Squat with Changing Leg Check
It is another workout to remove the muffin tops.
How to do?
- Keep your feet wider than your shoulder size and keep toes pointed outward.
- Get your hand near your chest with your palm facing outward.
- Put your chest lifted and sit over your butt and perform deep squat, press your knees outward in level with toes.
- Gently rise upward by turning your weight by your heels and press the glutes on the way upward.
- After coming in standing pose, elevate your right knees and crunch obliques down as the right elbow reaches to the outside of your thigh.
- Manage your weight focused and keep your chest lifted.
- Do the squat again the leg check on your left side, changing to another side for 30 seconds.
- Take rest of 15 seconds and try next move.
- It will help to carve your obliques with standing position side crunch move.
Four Uppercuts and Four Plyo Lunges
Begin in a fighting position with your knees somewhat bent and boxing guard-up. Perform four uppercuts by turning the elbow at 90° and hit vertically to your non-existent opponent’s jawline
How to do?
- Roll your torso and rotate through your shoulders as you punch and get back with your hands upward to a guard position in a mid-hit.
- From that point, drop into a lunge stance using your arms in a running state.
- Keeping your chest raised, bring down your back knee toward the ground, holding your front knee piled over your lower leg and following toes.
- Keep your shoulders stacked over your hips (don’t bend forward) and go until your front thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Jump right up and scissor your legs, arrival with an opposite leg in front. Complete four full plyometric Opens a New Window. lunges before returning to the uppercuts.
Foods to eat while reducing muffin tops
Many of you love having avocado toast. Avocado contains vitamin B-6, polyunsaturated, and monosaturated fats. It contains natural sugar and sodium. Avocado does not have cholesterol. It satisfies your nutritional requirement. You can enjoy with added paprika, sea salt, and crushed pepper.
Chia seeds have energy and fiber. You can include chia seeds to remove muffin tops. Eat it in the morning with oatmeal or yogurt or smoothie. You can also add in salad dressing for extra nutrition.
Seltzer is the best alternative for sugary soda. The bubbly beverage is available in different flavors. You can also add other flavors such as orange, cranberry, raspberry, and pomegranate.
Consuming a single banana provide 400 mg potassium. This amazing fruit provides health benefits. You can prepare banana pancakes or roasted banana with morning oatmeal breakfast.
Usually, potatoes contain carbohydrates, but sweet potatoes are different. They contain less amount of carbs. It helps to speed up the metabolism and manage your blood sugar. It is perfect for adding in your muffin top reducing diet.
Quinoa is an amazing food. It has all nine important amino acids, which provide protein similar to meat. Quinoa is a gluten-free food, and it works best for reducing muffin top.
Lemons are acidic in taste, but they contain a high amount of alkaline. Eating foods high in alkaline helps to reduce common cold and cancer problem. Additionally, it also helps to balance healthy weight. Consuming lemon water in the morning is the best way to help all type of weight loss.
Eating almonds can be the best snack for getting fiber, which keeps your stomach full entire day. You can eat plain or roast with other spices.
Include coconut oil while on muffin top reducing diet. It helps your heart health and also assists indigestion. It promotes thyroid healthy by providing healthy fats to the body. Coconut oil consumption also helps to shed weight.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is essential to detox for your inner body. It can help to prevent diabetes risk with extra health benefits, including skin, hair, bones, metabolism, and immune system.
Include cinnamon in your diet to reduce muffin tops. It is a good spice to create fat-burning sensation plus flavoring your food.
Olive oil is a vital ingredient in most Mediterranean cooking. It can likewise help to increase your life expectancy – it has been demonstrated to help in counteracting coronary illness.
Tomato juices are healthy and provide many health benefits. It helps in weight loss by providing essential nutrition.
The content of antioxidant lycopene helps to promote metabolism and reduce the risk of prostate problem. It reduces bad cholesterol and protects eyes by promoting immunity. As tomato contain low calories, it can be the best hydrating beverage during a weight loss plan.
Black beans contain a high number of proteins which make them suitable food for muscles gain and weight loss. Apart from protein, they have potassium, fiber, and other nutrition.
Green tea is a weight loss-friendly tea. You can include it while reducing muffin tops with exercise. It provides natural caffeine that increases metabolism and burns excess calories. Its antioxidant qualities help to remove the harmful toxins.
Hard-boiled eggs can be the best snack. You can combine boiled eggs with salad or consume plain with little black pepper. They contain low calories and more protein, which makes your stomach full for more time.
Greek yogurt contains probiotics. The greek yogurt can be the best snack to eat on weight loss. It will help to get the flat belly with proper workout and healthy diet. It will prevent fat accumulation like a muffin top.
Turmeric is another spice to include in your weight loss diet to reduce muffin tops. It provides the qualities of anti-cancer. It burns fat and regulates cholesterol.
Dark chocolate is another helpful food for weight loss. The dark chocolate reduces sugar and prevents diabetes risk. Dark chocolate also helps to manage blood pressure, promote circulation, and reduce arteriosclerosis. The content of flavonoids in dark chocolate regulate insulin resistance and prevent blood sugar spikes from overeating.
The grapefruit is another healthy fruit to regulate insulin and assist in weight loss. It makes your metabolism faster and better. You can have grapefruits in your breakfast.
Salmon provides omega-3 fatty acids that are important for weight loss. It will help amazingly to remove muffin tops. When you exercise for muffin top reduction, make sure to add salmon in your meal.
Celery is the best food to reduce muffin tops. It offers dietary fiber, which promotes digestion and reduces weight. A large stalk of celery provides 10-calories. It contains more water and electrolytes that help to prevent dehydration and bloating.
Celery in your weight loss diet works as antiseptic. It removes the risk of bladder, kidney, and urinary tract infection problems.
The peppermint herb helps in indigestion, bloating, and constipation. A cup of peppermint tea helps to manage the digestive system. It also prevents bloating and gas build-up. You can combine peppermint tea with ginger and make it a good detox tea.
Flax seeds contain a rich amount of fiber. You can include it in your morning or post-lunch smoothie. It contains rich omega-3, and it can be a perfect alternative to salmon. Grind the flax seeds before using.
Lentil is best for weight loss. It contains less cholesterol and promotes heart health. It also provides a sufficient amount of magnesium.
Adding garlic while reducing muffin tops helps to prevent cancer risk. It adds amazing flavors to your meal. Garlic is the best food for reducing unwanted belly fat.
Trainer Tips to Melt Your Muffin Top
Reduce sugar intake
Sugar is a big reason for fat accumulation. Reducing sugar intake helps to reduce fat. Remember, you should not consume more than 25-grams of calories every day.
Do cardio workout early mornings
Try to do a cardio workout in the morning instead of the afternoon or evening. That should be done before your breakfast, which is called as fasted cardio. The fasted cardio helps to enhance fat burning from fat storage for energy. You can also try doing high-intensity sessions to early morning for cardio.
Eating clean food is important for best result. You will require to eat less processed foods, whole grains, lean protein, fibrous vegetables, and healthy fats. Consuming some coconut oil can be a good idea to promote your metabolism.
Perform regular ab exercise
Keep doing core-building workouts. As your muscles become stronger, they make your abs tight and reduce the fat. Bicycle twists, planks, V-seats, and crunches are standard core building workouts you can perform.
Stick with it
Follow your workout plan regularly. Beginning part of your workout will be hard, but as you continue, it will become easy. Initially, you will feel like you are doing hard work, and there is no result. Trust yourself and keep doing the exercise. You will notice the result slowly.
Eating healthy and doing regular exercise helps to remove the muffin tops. Make sure to check with your expert trainer for safety. If you had any health history, then take doctor’s advice before taking up a fitness plan for muffin tops.