Adding apples in your diet really helps to keep the doctor away. Apples are one of the top healthy fruits. Almost anybody can consume the apples. When you want to lose quick weight to fit in your favorite dress, apple can help you lose at least 5 pounds of weight. You will require to follow the 5-days plan to lose weight effectively.
Apples are healthy nutrition fruit that assists weight loss, prevent type-2 diabetes, cancer, boost immunity, gallstone formation.
However, you need to keep in mind that eating the only apple will not help the weight loss, but it will assist in a regular workout to create a healthy lifestyle.
Table of Contents
- Apples are healthy fruits to add in your diet without containing sodium, fats, and cholesterol. Here is the nutrition presence of apples.
- Vitamin C: Apple contains strong antioxidants which are helpful to block the free radicals damage and boost body’ resistance against virus and infections, said by the research of University-of-Maryland-Medical-Center.
- B-complex vitamins: These vitamins are riboflavin, vitamin B-6, and thiamin. These are an essential vitamin for sustaining red blood cells and nervous system health.
- Dietary fiber: According to the British-National-Health-Service, a diet containing high fiber helps to prevent the growth of certain diseases and reduce bad cholesterol in the blood.
- Phytonutrients: Apple holds a rich amount of polyphenolic synthesis, which helps to protect your immune system from free radicals.
- Minerals: Apple contain potassium, calcium and phosphorus.
A skinless apple contains 100 grams of nutrition.
- Energy – 52 kcal
- Fat – 0.17 g
- Protein – 0.26 g
- Water – 85.56 g
- Sodium – 1 mg
- Carbohydrates – 13.81 g
- Beta-carotene – 27 μg
- Lutein and zeaxanthin – 29 μg
- Vitamin A equiv – 3 μg
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2) – 0.026 mg
- Thiamin (vitamin B1) – 0.017 mg
- Niacin (vitamin B3) – 0.091 mg
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) – 0.061 mg
- Vitamin B6 – 0.041 mg
- Folate (vitamin B9) – 3 μg
- Vitamin C – 4.6 mg
- Calcium – 6 mg
- Vitamin E – 0.18 mg
- Vitamin K – 2.2 μg
- Iron – 0.12 mg
- Magnesium – 5 mg
- Manganese – 0.035 mg
- Phosphorus – 11 mg
- Potassium – 107 mg
How Does the Apple Diet Work?
Apple can be an ideal component for weight loss diet. It contains a rich number of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. It also contains few calories around 80 to 100 calories depending on the size of the fruit you choose. Apples are effective laxative nutritious fruit for providing benefits to the nervous system. It is the reason to include apple in many diets.
However, for the apple 5-days diet plan, it is the star. The content of fiber in apple helps to bind the fat molecules and prevent fat absorption. The fiber connects fats and then directly eliminate from the body.
Apple also helps to make your stomach fuller for more time between meals. Consuming apple before every meal helps to make you feel less hungry and prevent overeating.
The 5-Day Apple Diet Plan
The apple diet of 5 days needs dieter to consume only fluids and apples one first day. During other 4-days of the plan, the dieter may require to eat an apple with different nutrients in the limit of 1200 calories every day.
Day – 1
- Breakfast: 2 apples
- Lunch: 1 apple
- Dinner: 3 apples
The dieter requires to compromise with breakfast, lunch, and dinner with the only apple which should around 1.5 kilograms. Apples contain rich minerals, vitamins, dietary fiber, and phytonutrients. These nutrients are important for balancing proper fat percentage of your body, cardiovascular health, and brain functions. It also prevents Gl tract discomfort, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s. You will need to drink sufficient detox liquid, and plain water to keep yourself hydrated all day.
Day – 2
- Breakfast: Consume 1 Apple with one glass of skim milk. If you are sensitive to gluten than replace with soy milk.
- Lunch: 1 Apple with a green salad, half beetroot, and two carrots. Eat light salad by dressing in dijon mustard, olive oil, mint leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Dinner: 2 Apple
On your 2nd day of the diet, you will eat apples with another vegetable containing lunch. It will give you other essential nutrients from veggies. You can add olive oil, which is a rich source of healthy fats, and it helps to maintain cell membrane integrity. Keep sipping detox drink and water in a sufficient amount in the entire day. Do not eat anything other than the recommended food.
Day – 3
- Breakfast: Consume 1 Apple with 1-slice bread (multigrain) and scrambled eggs
- Lunch: Consume 1 Apple, salad containing tomato, mint leaves, cucumber, pepper, and salt with Bengal gram.
- Evening Snack: Low-fat yogurt – 1 cup
- Dinner: 1 Apple with carrot, broccoli salad, and turkey bacon or 1 Apple with lentil soup
On the third day of Apple diet, you will consume protein. Consuming proteins helps to build blocks in the body. Therefore, you can start the day with enough protein foods such as whole egg or scrambled eggs.
If you eat only vegetarian food, then you can have one glass of milk in place of eggs. Adding Bengal gram in your diet provide sufficient proteins, and it will make you feel full till next meal. Additionally, yogurt assists in digestion.
On the third day, consume dinner of eating proteins and one apple.
After eating only an apple for two days, your body will not have much energy for metabolism and digestion. However, avoid eating any other food. Keep yourself hydrated with water and detox drinks.
Day – 4
- Breakfast: Consume 1 Apple with a kale smoothie
- Lunch Options: Eat 1 Apple with grilled veggies or 1 apple with vegetable clear soup.
- Post Lunch: 1 orange and watermelon (1 small bowl)
- Evening Snack: Green tea (1 cup)
- Dinner Options: Eat 1 Apple with lettuce wrap of vegetables or Consume 1 apple with celery smoothie beetroot
On day-4 you have to consume kale smoothie with apple. Kale is the best vegetable for weight loss, and it makes you feel full for more time. Adding vegetable in lunchtime helps to provide you important nutrients from different vegetables. Add plenty of leafy green and colorful vegetables.
On the 4th day, you also need to take a break after your lunch with some snack.
Consume a glass of fresh fruit juice. In the evening, eat a snack or green tea, or black tea that helps to provide antioxidants and flush out the toxins out from the body.
In dinner consumes apple and vegetable containing food. It will help to ease your digestive system.
Day – 5
- Breakfast: Options: Consume 1 Apple with 1-boiled egg or 1 Apple with bottle gourd juice (boiled)
- Lunch options: Wat 1 apple with grilled vegetables or 1 Apple with clear soup of vegetable.
- Post Lunch: Consume 2-Almonds or 1-Peach
- Evening Snack: Consume one cup green tea with one digestive biscuit
- Dinner: Eat 1 Apple with asparagus and baked fish.
Or you can also eat 1 Apple with capsicum and kidney beans.
On the 5th day, the dieter can eat veggies, fruits, healthy carbs, healthy fats, and proteins. It will help to improve your body from low calories diet. After following step by step food consumption during this diet, day five will help to introduce you to other foods combinations, which helps to keep your metabolism active. It also makes you burn calories without any weakness.
Foods to Eat During the Apple Diet
- Fruits and Veggies
- Add local fruits, seasonal fruits, colored vegetables, and leafy green veggies.
- You can consume skinless chicken, eggs, fish, lean cuts of turkey, mushrooms, soy chunks, beef, and tofu.
- Low-fat yogurt, low-fat milk, and cheese.
- Spices and herbs
- Mint leaves, coriander leaves, thyme, coriander leaves, rose petals, fennel, dill, garlic, onion powder, ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, chili powder, mustard seeds, and fenugreek, etc.
- Biscuits and Bread
- wholegrain bread, multigrain bread, and biscuits.
- Oils and fats
- Rice bran oil, Olive oil, Canola oil, mustard oil, and ghee. Consume in a limited amount.
- Fresh coconut water, fresh fruit juice, buttermilk, vegetable juice, detox drinks, and smoothies.
Foods to avoid while following Apple diet
- Fats & Oils
- Dalda, Lard, coconut oil, butter, mayonnaise.
- Packaged coconut water, Packaged fruit juices, alcohol, carbonated drinks.
- Processed meat, Chicken with skin, pork, and beef.
- Full-fat milk, Cream cheese or more cheese, and full-fat yogurt.
Apple Diet Recipe
Turkey wrap and mint chutney
- Tortilla bread – 1
- Lean ground turkey – 1/2 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Onion chopped – 1/4
- Tomato chopped – 1/2
- Lettuce (chopped) – 1
- Apple chopped – 1/4
- Garam masala – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Mint leaves
- Lemon juice
- Rice bran oil – 2 tablespoon
- Fry the ginger and garlic in a frying pan until it turns brown.
- Add chili powder, turkey meat, garam masala, and salt. Stir fry till the meat gets cooked.
- Prepare mint chutney with fresh mint leaves, remove the stems, and make a paste of it. Add lime juice and pinch of salt in the mint paste and mix well.
- Now heat a tortilla bread on oven or skillet.
- Place hot turkey meat.
- Add the topping of tomatoes, onions and lettuce leaf.
- Then pour mint chutney on the top and make a roll of tortilla bread to the wrap of delicious turkey wrap.
- You can substitute turkey meat with soy chunks and prepare chunk wrap.
Role of Exercise
The workout is necessary for weight loss plan, mainly when you are overweight. However, in the 5-days apple diet, you will be on low-calories for the initial two days, so, it is better not to perform rigorous exercise routine. Do regular meditation and yoga. It will help your mind and body to relax and promote self-confidence.
On your 3rd day of the diet, you can perform the regular workout routine such as walking, running, stairs workout, jumping rope, squats, dance, Pilates, swimming, push-ups, and sit-ups. If you are looking to build muscles, then try to do strength training workout.
Benefits of The Apple Diet
Adding an apple in the everyday diet helps to prevent obesity, especially it is a variety of Granny Smith, discovered in the new study of Washington-State-University.
According to the research of Granny Smith tells that Apple prevents obesity and control gut bacteria, published in the Journal-Food-Chemistry managed by the Giuliana-Noratto-of-the-School-of-Food-Science at Washington State.
Usually, obese people have impaired gut bacteria. Eating apple balance the gut bacteria and prevent obesity.
Apple benefit lowering high cholesterol
Older women who add an apple in their daily diet found a reduction in LDL cholesterol by 23% within six months and 4% rise in HDL cholesterol, discovered by the researcher from The-Florida-State-University.
According to Dr.Bahram H Arjmandi (Ph.D., RD), an apple contains polyphenols and pectin, which helps to enhance the lipid metabolism and lower the production of the molecule that creates inflammation. Apple also contains benefits to protect cardio health in women with post-menopause.
According to the study issued in Journal-of-Food Science in 2008 recommend that apple consumption helps to provide neurological health benefits. Research tells that adding an apple in the everyday diet helps to protect neuron cells against oxidative stress triggered by neurotoxicity, and it is essential for preventing a neurodegenerative problem such as Alzheimer’s disease.
Eating everyday apple helps to reduce the risk of diabetes. Apple contains a natural form of sugar called fructose. It provides different effects to your body than the normal sugars. Fructose is natural sugar, and it is different from processed sugars, which available in packed foods such as biscuits and chocolates.
Apple contains a different glycaemic index than the other foods which prevent the sugar spikes.
The body absorbs sugars and carbohydrates quickly from foods with high Gl such as candies. The carbs with low Gl enter the bloodstream in a reduced way and reduce diabetes risk.
Apple also benefits to keep your hunger control. Apple not only contains fat and low calories but also amazing food suppressing appetite because of its fiber content. The diet full of fiber helps to make you full for a longer time and prevent hunger pangs. It also prevents overeating. As apple contains natural sugar, it will prevent the body from increasing the urge for more carbs.
Apple helps to flush out the toxins from your body in a quick time. They provide all the important nutrients to promote colon health. Apple contains enough amount of pectin, which is an effective fat blocker. The presence of cellulose in apple helps to detox the body.
According to the data lab of the United States, a fist-sized apple holds only 81 calories, soluble fiber, and pectin, which helps to prevent plaque build-up in the blood vessels. It’s insoluble fiber support digestive system removes the waste from the intestinal tract.
Apple also benefits calorie consumption. Per 100 grams, an apple contains 52 calories. You will need to walk at least 45 minutes to burn minimum calories. Adding an apple in your diet will provide low calories and prevent hunger.
Prevent breast cancer
The increasing evidence suggests that eating an apple every day helps to reduce the risk of breast cancer.
Apple contains polyphenols, which are a plant-based synthesis that helps to reduce inflammation, infection, and cardiovascular disease.
According to some research, polyphenols hold anticancer and tumor-preventing qualities.
For example, the polyphenol phloretin reduces a protein known as glucose transporter 2, which is important to prevent the growth of cancer cells.
However, apple helps you stop breast cancer cells growth.
Apple benefits to metabolism
Eating an apple in breakfast benefits to speed up the metabolism to assist in weight loss. Generally, the only apple can put a low impact on weight loss, but it works effectively in 5-days apple diet. You can combine protein foods with apple to speed up the metabolism in the morning.
The mineral presence in apple helps to boost healthy metabolism. The magnesium content of apple helps to promote fats and carbs into energy while manganese metabolizes proteins and carbs. Both the minerals work effectively to convert protein into glucose for fuelling energy.
A healthy breakfast that doesn’t increase blood sugar effectively speeds up the metabolism than the meal containing refined carbs that increase blood sugar, mentioned in the study issued in February 2011 in Nutrition-Metabolism-and-Cardiovascular Disease.
As apple contains plenty of polyphenols, it works as strong anti-oxidants that prevent aging effects, wrinkles. It provides clear skin and provides younger looking skin.
An important factor known in the aging process is called cellular senescence, or cell aging. When cells start to age, they will not able to separate themselves, and the skin cells signal inflammation to the immune system to remove the damaged cells.
The younger body can definitely eliminate the senescent cells, but the aging cell becomes less equipped to perform its activity. This result in a build-up of damaged cells, tissue breakup, and inflammation.
However, while losing weight, you will have beautiful looking clear skin.
Side Effects – 5-Day Apple Diet
- You may feel bored with eating apple all the time.
- People who have a habit of eating more calories without burning may get irritated and mood swings, as this is a difficult diet to follow in initial days.
- You may feel sleepy and weak.
Remember the initial two days are difficult. Drink sufficient detox or water along with the apples. You may also suffer from weakness, muscle pain, and joint pain. In such conditions, you can stop the diet and check with your doctor.
You can also check with a dietician before starting the 5days apple diet. Also remember weight loss depends on different factors such as height, age, body part, activity level, present weight, and medical history.
How much weight can you drop with 5-Day apple diet?
The diet can drop out at least 6-pounds of weight by following a strict diet. You need to perform enough workout and take rest for better results.
Can I replace apple with apple juice?
You can consume apple juice, but it can only be a liquid, so eating whole fruit can be much healthier. It is because making apple juice may degrade the enzymes and micronutrients of fruit.
However, the 5-Days apple weight loss diet completely depends on apple for the initial two days, so, it is better to eat apple fruit instead of juice to stay full stomach. You can have apple juice on day 4th and 5th.
Can an apple diet be effective for weight loss?
Apple diet can help to lose weight. According to the above diet, you will be eating an apple before main meals, so it will make you feel full stomach and less hunger. Additionally, it is important to do a workout for fat burning and muscles building.