Waking up from a deep slumber to find out that a swollen pimple has magically grown on the very tip of your nose is a nightmare, I know. Pimples are not cool. They eat up confidence and can easily upset your mood. A smooth, clean and glowing skin means more confidence, which ultimately affects how you behave, act and present yourself.
Pimples are not under your control. They come, worsen and suddenly (often) leave. How? Maybe knowing possible causes of acne may help you understand this pimply behavior.
In this article I have unveiled a couple of causes and a total of not two but 8 homemade tips against pimples. So are you excited?
Photo credit: wishtrend.com
Causes of Pimple
There are several causes of pimples. Some play big role, others have not much impact. From oily skin to accumulated dirt and bacteria, all cause pimples. Here are a couple of well-known causes of pimples:
- Oily skin – The sebaceous glands that produce sebum, an oil-like substance, can be responsible for pimples. Lack of moisture in your skin encourages your glands to overproduce oil.
- Dirt – If you find yourself walking in dusty places, it’s likely these minute particles of dust get glued to your skin and cause dirt. This dirt is of course full of germs and bacteria, which eventually gives birth to pimples, acne and similar skin problems.
- Bacteria – There is “good” bacteria and “bad” bacteria. Inflammation in skin is caused by “bad” bacteria.
If you want to get rid of something peacefully and harmlessly, you need to understand why that something happens or exists in the first place. These causes of acne or pimples will help avoid skin problems in the first place;
Treating Pimples: 5 Fabulous Tips
OK, now you know the causes of pimple, but how do you get rid of acne? Of course, causes don’t help solving a problem; they only help avoid problems of that sort from occurring in the future. I mean what about people with acne or pimples, already? For those, here are 5 effective tips:
- Surfacing Ice – Gently surfacing a cube of ice wrapped in a cloth over pimple(s) is an effective way to reduce redness and inflammation. Plus it shows results almost immediately.
- Exposing to Steam – Exposing skin to steam is generally healthy for skin. Expose part of infected skin to steam, it will open pores and remove dirt. It may also be a signal to sebaceous glands to stop overproduction of sebum.
- Applying Toothpaste – Yes the same toothpaste you use every morning to clean your teeth. Make sure to avoid gel toothpaste; use white toothpaste only. Applying a small quantity of toothpaste over pimples will aid in the pimples treatment. Apply toothpaste once a day.
- Keep Face Clean – OK, you got rid of acne? What now? Now you’ve got to maintain that smooth skin. How? By keeping it clean; wash face twice or thrice daily. Wash it even if you feel like it’s clean. Of course, maintenance doesn’t simply mean keeping face clean. There are other aspects like;
- Moisturizer – Most of the cleansers or soaps detract natural minerals from your skin, leaving it drier and dull. You must prevent dryness as this can anger sebaceous glands and force them to overproduce sebum.
- Stress – Stress is another condition that may trigger sebaceous glands (oil glands) to react the worst possible way. A study conducted over college students revealed that more stress means more acne.
- Diet – What you eat is what you are. That is why it is important that you keep your diet as simple as possible. If you’ve any doubts, why not just try minimizing on junk foods for a couple of days to check out its benefits?
- Out of sun – Sun rays affect your skin. Between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., sun rays are their strongest. Avoid going out during this time. Also if you’re going out, clothe properly; long-sleeved shirts, long pants and also sunglasses labeled as “UV-protected” go a long way in protecting you from the ruthless UV rays.
Though acne is not a life-threatening problem, but it can make one feel miserable and can kill self-esteem.
So what do you think about these anti-acne tips? Have you succeeded the battle against pimples? If so, I’d love to hear your story!
This article was written by Mairaj. He blogs at BeautifulYou.com.pk which is a premiere health, beauty and fashion informational portal of Pakistan. If you are interested to write for Dailyfitnesstips4u, Please visit our Guest Author Guidelines at write for us