Do you want to protect yourself from lung cancer? Then this is the article for you. It will help you find out more about Metformin and how it can help you protect yourself from the potential infection that may cause you to have lung cancer in the future.
What is Metformin
However, let us first find out what this drug was created for primarily. Actually, this drug was created to help treat type 2 diabetes. However, according to recent studies, it were shown that it will also be able to reduce certain tobacco-induced tumors that can be found in the lungs.
The citadel eat up were produced by the national cancer institute. After this was a reduced, it was also published in cancer prevention research. Here are some details about the studies conducted as follows.
- This first study showed that the Metformin that was introduced into the bodies of tumor infected mice helped to reduce the tumors to a more manageable size. The Metformin was introduced either intravenously or orally.
- After some time, it was found out that those that were treated in current 40 to 50% fewer tumors after the treatment itself.
- This was conducted in Japan.
- It also yielded the same results as the first one in terms of reducing the rectal tumors that can also cause colon cancer.
- Additionally, those mice that were injected with the drug was found to have 72% less tumors than the orally introduced ones in the first experiment. Because of these results, when experts have been developing more studies in terms of determining whether or not it can be used to treat lung cancer.
- The results of the studies were discussed in the teleconference conducted by Dr. Scott Lippman M.D to help in cancer research development and treatment on September 1, 2010.
- However, it will be much a more effective if you just try to live a healthy lifestyle and make sure that you can avoid everything that might cause lung cancer. Smoking is one primer reason for a long cancer and therefore should be avoided by most people especially those who already have prior lung conditions.
- This will make them more susceptible to having lung cancer in the future.
- With regards Metformin, it has been found out that it can help in decreasing nitrosamines that is known to be the most rampant carcinogen in tobacco. Metformin has been known to activate enzymes with proteins that can regulate cellular growth in lung tumors that had been induced by major carcinogens from tobacco.
- In spite of this, it is still very important for you as a person to avoid anything that might cause you to have lung cancer. If you can do this, then you are sure to have a healthier lifestyle and you will also be able to lengthen your life span and add a few more years to it.
Remember that everything you do to your body has significant effects that may either weaken or strengthen you as time goes by.